Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Reg

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I started using the clearline trip connect around 2009 ... but after a few knocks ... due to a really crap power supply from the council ... we started experiencing problems with the tripconnect units ... then I couldnt get hold of anyone ... I sent units back for assessments ... without much joy ... in other words I was getting "we dont care much for small business cold shoulder" .... I rattled the cage long enough and eventually got a response and they have since replaced 1 of the units.

They went in for software upgrades ... apparently clearline contract their software out to a sub contractors ... unfortunately there is no other device that I am aware of which can do the same thing.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am using 32 amp industrial type sockets for the generators.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    All the things you listed were taken into consideration ... even the fuse in the generator and the cable glands on the generator had to be metal not PVc due to the vibration ... cable flexibility the works ... right down to protective layers on the cable for when it is in use.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    And thats how an alternative supply should be done in my opinion. I liked the gland change to due to vibration, never thought of that.
    With regards to that article I feel the layman or handyman would see it as taking the gen power straght into the socket available next to the TV... I mean at the end of the day if it works it works and if the magazine said its OK then its OK....... no need to pay a competent and qualified person if it works and the magazine says its OK....

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.