Thread: Quickbooks Online Plus Review

Thanks

Quickbooks Online Plus Review

G'day All -

A while back I canvassed opinions on the above software. I am now running a client on QBOA and, while the user interface is quite pleasant, I am finding one or two oddities.

For instance, my own bank reconciliation is perfect each time (naturally) but when I access the app next time, it shows a R25-00 difference between QBO and bank statement.

I have unreconciled and reconciled to no avail.

Also, for the life of me I cannot work out the Transaction Detail by Account report filters. This has got to be the most counter-intuitive report Intuit has devised. It keeps returning a NIL transactions report.

I have to say my fingers are creeping back towards my old friend the Desktop version.

Any opinions from other Forumsa-ers?

Gold Member
    Thanks
    It is slow, counter intuitive and lacks the reporting of the desktop version. It certainly lacks the options and filtering that the desktop version gives you.

In fact I am being kind .... compared to the desktop version's abilities, the online version has none and is kind of junky.

Having said that, for a dispersed team it is invaluable.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Having transitioned one of my companies from Quickbooks Enterprise 2014 to QBO Plus, I have found QBO to be both a blessing and a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Having said that, for a dispersed team it is invaluable.
    That's the big blessing. Another is that I should not find myself having gone down a development cul-de-sac (as I have discovered I have done with QB Enterprise 2014 UK edition).

My greatest frustration at the moment is that the tags feature is only available on the US QBO version and not on the global version. Hopefully it rolls out to the global version too. For me it will be a game changer.

Which reminds me of the other thing that ticks me off some with Quickbooks in general -
    There is nothing more frustrating than using the Help facility, finding a solution to a problem you are trying to solve, only to find that this is not an option in the version of Quickbooks you are using! I have lost count of the number of times this has happened to me of late.

If someone uses the help facility in a particular product, make sure the responses are specific to that product.

My other frustration is that the importing data tools are extremely restrictive. I have had to sacrifice 20 years of historical data in making my transition. And that "free import your existing data" offer for new QBO clients? All my requests to Intuit SA were studiously ignored once I indicated my current data was Enterprise 2014 UK edition. Research showed that this was a global problem. The only light was a Canadian outfit who was not interested in picking up a small client from South Africa.

I am hopeful the product will develop and iron out all the quirky kinks pretty quickly.
    They are going to have to. I am seriously testing other online options at the moment...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    For instance, my own bank reconciliation is perfect each time (naturally) but when I access the app next time, it shows a R25-00 difference between QBO and bank statement.

I have unreconciled and reconciled to no avail.
    I have found the "bank balance" is actually the "funds available" balance rather than the actual balance of the account.

Thanks
    Thanks, Andromeda and Dave A.

Nice to know it's not just me..

Dave A - if you find a good alternative to QBOA, I'd be interested to hear your comments thereon.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    It is slow...
    So some feedback on the speed of using Quickbooks Online.

I have now used it in four countries, South Africa, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates and Australia.
    Quickbooks Online is quick, as in really quick and responsive in 3 of those countries.
    South Africa - speed and responsiveness sucks. Still!