Something to consider when starting a business ... which bank you decide to use.

I have a small cash flow issue ... so I decided to increase my personal credit card limit (with Standard bank by R5000) ... my current limit is R100 ... on average there is around R20 - R30 K in and out per month.

I have had my Standard bank business and personal accounts with Standard bank for around 20 years.

when I applied for my credit card I was battling and needed cash ... they offered me R50 000 straight and R50 000 budget ... today I want to increase my limit from R100 to R5000 (while I wait for a payment) ... I am told I have to go to the bank stand in a que ... fill out the register and wait until a business banker is available ... ... then be told that a list of documents are required ... go back to my office get hold of my accountant ... so that he can prepare them and forward them to me so that I can print them out and take them to the Branch ... they will look at them and see if I qualify for a R5000 temporary increase ... time to move banks ... I know I keep saying this thank to the absolute crap service from Standard bank ... I am tired of my wife laughing at me every time I have to deal with Standard bank ... she moved from standard bank to FNB many years ago after she got tired of the shyte service.

I too embarrassed to tell her about this fiasco ... she is just gonna rub my nose in it again and tell me the same thing ... why are still banking with such a shyte bank.

The last fiasco got the bank manager involved and he was so apologetic ... but why should it have to escalate to the manager every time I nee to manage my bank account.