Thread: Wiremate

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Wiremate

If you have an electrical company and install 20/25 mm pvc conduit ... this a must have product.

I have mine for man many many years and it still works like the day I bought it ... I apply grease to the plunger and keep it in the bag ... I have removed all the side panels ... they just get in the way.

A while back I thought I had found a better solution ... a vacuum cleaner ... the problem with the vacuum is it takes up space and unless we have it on site it doesnt help.

The speed at which this unit draws in the string still blows my mind.

I installed a whole lot of conduit between 2 building ... made sure no shyte got into the pipes ... doubled up on the joint as I always do to make sure they stay connected comapcting the ground etc ... all the normal stuff we do when installing conduits in a deck or in the ground ... but here's the thing ... when I started pulling in the string I found the unit was pulling other crap out of the pipe which I can only assume got in between the time we buried the conduit and chased the walls ... this unit sucked out all the little stones and sand that was in the conduit.

Something else I have noticed ... I use to pull in the string then pull in soft draws wires ... and use the draw wires to pull the wiring ... not anymore ... the string works way better ... it like it has lubrication and slides through the conduit easier than the soft draw wire ... I thought the string would damage the conduit (cut into the conduit) I was wrong ... I no longer buy soft steel draws wires ... instead I use the string ... even if I am using a fish tape.

Today I needed to empty the pool ... dropped the hose pipe in o the pool ... hooked the pipe to the wiremate ... 2 stokes with the pump and the water was flowing.

Another thing to note ... this unit is a lot more powerful than the vacuum ... and a hundred times faster than using a fish tape.

I highly recommend this product ... I decided to send them an email to see if I could get more attachments ... not cheap ... but worth every cent ... and you can still purchase them.

They have also added a 32 mm adaptor ... not available back when I bought the product.

https://wirematepullcordinstallers.co.za/
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My one look like this one.

http://wirematepullcordinstallers.co...roduct/classic

I am not sponsored by this product and paid the full price for the product ... if anyone knows the owner or if he reads this review of his product ... I just need a 32 mm adaptor to add to my kits
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I have used the wiremate for years
    If you blow the pipes out first , with the wire mate, before sucking the shuttle in the seals and pumps last longer .My guys are not always good at listening and sometimes corrective action is needed along the ear.

We also started stopping past the local BKB store and buying bailing string which works well with the pump

Found wiremate very efficient and we ordered new shuttles a month ago by just sending the mail , getting proforma invoice , make payment and 2 days later they arrive.