Thread: Messages from SARS

Bronze Member
    Thanks

Messages from SARS

Hi all

Is anyone else receiving SMS's from SARS advising to rectify tax compliance issues within 14 days otherwise any TCC pins issued may be affected.

I have received a couple of these over the last 3 months.

When I went into efiling to see what the issues were there was none, so i called the SARS call centre and the agent confirmed no issues. I was then told that this is a blanket SMS being sent to all taxpayers.

Last month I also received a call from SARS reminding me to pay my VAT, a week before due date. There were repeated SMS's and emails reminding me as well. I suspect SARS is trying to get their due in early......

Anyone else can confirm they receiving same for no reason.

Thanks
    Kavesh

Gold Member
    Thanks
    They are broke.

I get tons of irritating junk from them. In fact I changed the contact details to mine in respect of all of my clients, because I look like a dunce. Problem is that when you do make an error you might not follow up on the SMS received!

3. Thanks given for this post:

kavesh (03-Sep-21)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    They are broke.

I get tons of irritating junk from them. In fact I changed the contact details to mine in respect of all of my clients, because I look like a dunce. Problem is that when you do make an error you might not follow up on the SMS received!
    Agree, thanks for the feedback

Thanks
    Yep - our business also received one of these SMS's. No problem when the auditors checked with SARS.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On 30th August I filed a VAT return and initiated payment for 31st August via eFiling. Ordinarily I process the payment instruction with my bank within an hour or so. But life has been hectic and I only ended up processing the bank side of the transaction about 2.00p.m. on 31st (along with all the other end-of-month payments due ). I got an SMS every couple of hours from SARS on 31st from 8.00 a.m. until I processed the payment reminding me that I still had not released the payment via my bank as yet.

I don't recall getting the general SMS referred to in the OP though.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kavesh View Post
    Is anyone else receiving SMS's from SARS advising to rectify tax compliance issues within 14 days otherwise any TCC pins issued may be affected.

I have received a couple of these over the last 3 months.

When I went into efiling to see what the issues were there was none, so i called the SARS call centre and the agent confirmed no issues. I was then told that this is a blanket SMS being sent to all taxpayers.
    OK. Got this yesterday evening on all PAYE account profiles despite all processing for August 2021 going perfectly smoothly.
    There definitely seems to be a glitch because eFiling reports our Tax Status as fully compliant.
    Irritating.

8. Thanks given for this post:

Andromeda (09-Sep-21)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    On 30th August I filed a VAT return and initiated payment for 31st August via eFiling. Ordinarily I process the payment instruction with my bank within an hour or so. But life has been hectic and I only ended up processing the bank side of the transaction about 2.00p.m. on 31st (along with all the other end-of-month payments due ). I got an SMS every couple of hours from SARS on 31st from 8.00 a.m. until I processed the payment reminding me that I still had not released the payment via my bank as yet.

I don't recall getting the general SMS referred to in the OP though.
    Talking VAT, like you Dave I had submitted my return 2 days before i made payment. Something that I have done in the past,. but always by due date. I received a call from a SARS agent reminding me that I have not made payment as yet. I asked the agent whether SARS is short on cash or is this a new process going forward. (Had also received several SMS.s and emails regarding non payment and threats of non compliance for any clearance pins that may be issued).
    Agent said that she has been calling clients for the past 25 years that she has been at SARS asking for payment.
    I think they are pretty desperate for cash!

10. Thanks given for this post:

Andromeda (12-Sep-21)