Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: A few questions about the COVID mRNA vaccines

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We can argue this all day long ... many years ago back in my wild days ... I lived life on the absolute edge ... when I think back I dont know how I am still here ... back then no covid ... however there were all the other scary things like HIV and aids and cancer and other scary things killing people ... being a single male doing bike rallys and other naughty stuff certainly certainly had their risks.

But more important ... I had a friend 30 years old ... never been to a nite club ... married her school sweat heart ... never smoked anything not even a cigarette ... had all the jabs at birth ... battling to bear a child ... decided to go the adoption route ... eventually got a child after 2 years of fighting for the new born promised to them.

She wasnt feeling so great one morning ... went to the quack ... had a few tests done ... found she had cancer ... went on holiday ... returned from the holiday .. had a small op to sort out the cancer ... doctor closed her up and gave her less than 6 months to live ... she died 2 years later.

She was so angry with me because all she wanted was to live her simple life ... have a child ... look after her husband ... go to work everyday (had done well for herself ... high up in the bank management) ... go to church on sunday and just live ... she would hear me riding down the road and listen to the stories of stuff I was getting up to ... she would cry and beat me on the chest ... angry that I was so reckless and inconsiderate.

I am going to say it again ... make your choice in life ... if there is only one thing certain in life ... you going to die at some point ... be it from covid ... cancer ... HIV ... hit by a car ... killed in a hijacking ... do what you feel is right ... the facilities are there and its free.

I have just been told a person who has become a good friend has cancer ... not covid ... and he has had the jab.

I had a friend pass away last week ... was it because she didnt have the jab ... no.

IF you get the jab ... will it prevent the spread of the virus ... yes or no ?

If you get the jab will it prevent you from getting the new variant ... yes or no ?

If you get the jab will life go back to normal ... yes or no ?

Is the virus going to spread like wild fire if everyone gets the jab ... yes or no ?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    No ... no ... no ... dunno.

Enjoy the day.
    Almost weekend.

Derek.

Thanks
    For all the toppies who have not yet been jabbed, Now's your golden opportunity.

The Vuma carrot, I mean voucher / bribe, has been increased.

Was R100 for over 60's.
    Now R200 for over 50's.

Don't be in too much of a hurry. I hear it's going to be reviewed soon again, when the next variant / scariant arrives.
    I believe the 5th wave will be here about the beginning of April 2022, Just in time for April fools day.

Peace out .. Derek.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    The following was written by Rachel Clarke, a palliative care doctor in the NHS and published by The Daily Mail.

Also https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i...cine-n2l8r2wcj

I suppress a howl of disbelief. She would rather die than get a Covid vaccine

Some 75 per cent of those suffocating in intensive care with the coronavirus are unvaccinated

About 850 people have died with Covid-19 in the past seven days in the UK

She is young, ashen and fighting for her life, and all I can offer is morphine. Recent chemotherapy has sent her blood count crashing. The drugs that could cure her breast cancer are so toxic to her body that even an innocuous infection could be fatal. As she flinches from the pain of taking a breath, I know that her raw, inflamed lung is scraping against the wall of her chest, making each gasp an ordeal.

I also know that somewhere at home, two little girls and their distraught father sit and wait in a house that rattles and gapes with the absence of their mummy.

“I need to be with them,” she rasps. “How soon?”

Although Ellen, as I’ll call her, gulps oxygen from the pipe on the wall, her pneumonia prevents her from talking in full sentences. I focus on getting her pain relief right, vital for enabling proper deep breathing, which allows me to suppress my private howl of disbelief.

Ellen, in her mid-thirties and with everything to live for, trusts her doctors to administer an antibiotic so potent that it is nicknamed Domestos; painkillers ten times more potent than opium; and chemotherapy literally designed to kill living human cells, a cytotoxic poison. Yet she will not, under any circumstances, countenance having a Covid vaccine. Her refusal makes me want to weep. The only thing worse than a young person’s death is one which easily could have been avoided. Thankfully, on this occasion Ellen’s chest infection is not Covid. But what about the next, and the one after that?

Does she not know how many unvaccinated young men and women with intact immune systems are suffocating to death in the intensive care unit one floor above her? How dumbfounded they were to discover that they were, after all, vulnerable to Covid? How they beg, sometimes, breaking all our hearts, to be vaccinated? How they plead for the protection they hope a jab might bring — when it is far too late for that now and all we can offer is a ventilator?

Ellen, I want to plead, how can you not choose life? For your children, for yourself, please be jabbed. You are so vulnerable I can hardly bear it. I say nothing, of course. Now is not the time. But I wonder for the thousandth time how we have arrived here, in this madness: a place where intelligent men and women would rather catch a deadly infectious disease than accept a vaccine with exceptional, and demonstrable, safety and effectiveness.

Now, in my NHS trust, we once again have entire wards devoted to treating Covid patients, in addition to those on mechanical ventilation in ICU. We are giving our all to care for our share of the 8,000 patients in UK hospitals with Covid. Out of sight, out of mind, these patients quietly continue to die at a rate of about 1,000 a week. The public can almost pretend they are not there. But we can’t.
    Colleagues have seen children orphaned when first an unvaccinated mother and then an unvaccinated father succumb to Covid in swift succession. Pregnant, intubated women have died in intensive care shortly after their babies were delivered by emergency caesarean section.

Of the Covid patients treated in intensive care in recent months, the majority — nearly 75 per cent according to the latest data — have chosen not to be vaccinated. As Professor Andrew Pollard, director of the Oxford Vaccine Group, put it this week: “This ongoing horror, which is taking place across ICUs in Britain, is now largely restricted to unvaccinated people.”

Individual decisions to forgo vaccination are having inevitable consequences for everyone else. In my NHS trust, we are on permanent black alert. We have already converted every conceivable spare space — discharge lounges, offices, oversized broom cupboards — into extra wards for patients. There is no spare capacity whatsoever.

The maths is brutal. One in, one out. Unless this patient leaves, that one cannot enter. The ambulance queue snakes around A&E, with paramedics sometimes spending an entire 12-hour shift stuck on the hospital forecourt, unable to drop off their patient. Trapped people are dying of heart attacks and strokes in the back of stationary ambulances, to the horror of all involved in trying to care for them.

In this desperate context, as patients suffer across the NHS, I can well understand the anger some clinicians feel towards the unvaccinated. I do not share it, however. The bedrock of good medicine is treating your patient simply as a human being in need. The moment you start making value judgments about what has brought them into hospital — smoking, paragliding, breaking the speed limit or riding a horse — you are not behaving as a doctor.

With our unvaccinated Covid patients, I feel more than anything desolate, heartbroken. I simply hate seeing them die. And I know they are here, in part, because a torrent of disinformation, spewed out on social media, has made them too scared to have the vaccine.

My rage is reserved for the charlatans who use their platforms to sow mistruths at such terrible cost. For the clever commentators who have latched on to the antivaxer movement to score political points by whipping up an ideological reaction to what they dub “vaccine dictatorship”.

These people are liars and cynics with blood on their hands.

Rachel Clarke is an NHS palliative care doctor
    Last edited by Andromeda; 04-Dec-21 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Thanks Ians

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (04-Dec-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Please add the link to the article ... found it

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i...cine-n2l8r2wcj
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

7. Thanks given for this post:

Andromeda (04-Dec-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My wife returned from the UK yesterday after having been stuck there for 2 years. She cares for the elderly so she continued to work during that period. She will be in South Africa for 6 weeks and then she is back to work in the UK. The loss of income and cost of the quarantine when she returns amounts to about R70k in SA money) She brought her Covid-19 tests with her. The tests are given away for free at the local pharmacies in the UK. You simply walk in, take a pack (7 tests) and walk out. Those are the exact same tests that are administered here for anything between R385- R1,500 each. I woke up this morning to her testing herself - I find it interesting how testing oneself has become a way of life for the carers and those in the medical profession in the UK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211203_144653 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	8413

My youngest daughter tried to get her 2nd vaccine last week. She went to three vaccination centres in Cape Town last week and she was turned away from all three for various reasons. One closed, one doesn't vaccinate without an appointment and the third only vaccinates its own staff (...this is actually where she got the 1st vaccine). I spoke to my GP and he isn't allowed to vaccinate her (the government holds the keys to the vaccine locker)

Its a stark contrast - getting vaccinated (my wife has had 3) and doing the self tests is a way of life for many in the UK - Getting tested and or vaccinated is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE in South Africa unless you are willing to spend a lot of money and waste a lot of time driving around from location to location.
    Last edited by adrianh; 04-Dec-21 at 04:44 PM.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Glad to hear she is home ... enjoy the 6 weeks with her ... it will be gone in the blink of an eye.

Thanks
    Oh, how I love her !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1sZzMHWBug

Peace out .. Derek

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    One of the reasons I am still here in SA and enjoy living here ... is my freedom of choice and movement ... the more I learn about CCTV cameras and what you can do with them ... track people as they move and at the same time listen to ever word they are saying ... the more I feel my freedom of choice and movement being taken away ... most people are not aware of mics on cameras installed in public places ... watching one of the bourne movies and the way the do facial recognition and track people back when the movie came out just seemed so hi tech.

Every single thing you do on a device is tracked and recorded and in many cases used to dump rubbish in your space ... you think you are free ... do something wrong and you will realise how much of your daily life is being tracked.

When you look around and realise how you are constantly being watched and recorded ... we are becoming like Truman show ... your freedom to make choices the way you are labelled ... censored in what you can say and how engage with offers .. is become so restricted it is actually quite scary.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    One of the reasons I am still here in SA and enjoy living here ... is my freedom of choice and movement ... the more I learn about CCTV cameras and what you can do with them ... track people as they move and at the same time listen to ever word they are saying ... the more I feel my freedom of choice and movement being taken away ... most people are not aware of mics on cameras installed in public places ... watching one of the bourne movies and the way the do facial recognition and track people back when the movie came out just seemed so hi tech.

Every single thing you do on a device is tracked and recorded and in many cases used to dump rubbish in your space ... you think you are free ... do something wrong and you will realise how much of your daily life is being tracked.

When you look around and realise how you are constantly being watched and recorded ... we are becoming like Truman show ... your freedom to make choices the way you are labelled ... censored in what you can say and how engage with offers .. is become so restricted it is actually quite scary.
    In the end it is not going to matter much, companies globally are removing freedoms at the work place. One such example is Amazon and if you realize how bad they actually are, you realize that the world is becoming a virtual trap. Well it is their world i just live here.

Here is a old video that really allow us to see what our future is going to look like.

peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast