Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: A few questions about the COVID mRNA vaccines

Thanks
    Pleasure

Thanks
    Rave Cancelled. Hot off the press.

All the ravers who have been waiting patiently for December to arrive and have gone through the whole exersize of proving that they have been double vaxxed and are free of the dreaded virus are bitterly dissappointed that Rave has been cancelled.

After a brilliant piece of investigative journalism, Roman Cabanac from Morningshot put together the following gem, which I'm sure even a grade 3 pupil will fully understand and grasp.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dy2ZMT1v-g

Peace out .. Derek

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Time to close this thread. We are going round in circles.
    Those for the vaccine are waiting for the anti-vaxers to die so that they can say "I told you so" and the ant-vaxers are waiting for the vaxers tod die so they can say "I told you so."
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

4. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (03-Dec-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    After listening to that, maybe I need to buy some more Aspen shares

The vaccination "debate" speaks at crossed purposes most of the time.

Anti-vax drive the point that vaccine mandates do not prevent transmission, and in this instance has not kept the "Rage" business open.

Pro-vax drive the point that vaccination reduces transmission and consequences of becoming infected.

As long as the anti-vax demand prevention as the standard to justify vaccination mandates, and ignore any lesser benefit, it is clear there will be no shutting them up. Is it so important to win the argument that you cannot allow for any benefit short of absolute elimination to be recognised?

6. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (03-Dec-21)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Time to close this thread. We are going round in circles.
    Those for the vaccine are waiting for the anti-vaxers to die so that they can say "I told you so" and the ant-vaxers are waiting for the vaxers tod die so they can say "I told you so."
    The way people are gearing up for the holiday and judging on the mass amounts of alcohol that people are taking home... All i can say is keep your eyes open for drunk drivers and with all the cars not having number plates hit and runs is going to become a BIG problem. Our already stressed health facilities is about to get a hammering and not just because of Covid. All i can say is be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    After listening to that, maybe I need to buy some more Aspen shares

The vaccination "debate" speaks at crossed purposes most of the time.

Anti-vax drive the point that vaccine mandates do not prevent transmission, and in this instance has not kept the "Rage" business open.

Pro-vax drive the point that vaccination reduces transmission and consequences of becoming infected.

As long as the anti-vax demand prevention as the standard to justify vaccination mandates, and ignore any lesser benefit, it is clear there will be no shutting them up. Is it so important to win the argument that you cannot allow for any benefit short of absolute elimination to be recognised?
    I think we all know that mandatory vaccinations will become a thing and i know our government will have to consider it because South Africa is a tourist destination after all. It is how many are generating an income. i recall business tech reporting on: Why Discovery introduced mandatory vaccines in South Africa – and why some workers said ‘no’

The problem is people will carry resentment and that will escalate and show in the elections. BUT businesses must make a choice, It is mandatory for a business to create a safe environment for workers. It is why we have rules regulations, regulators and safety standards. All these existed before the pandemic and it will exist after the pandemic. The problem is if your entire work force gets sick because of a few individuals then this will become a serious topic in the end. Sending everyone home and allow them to work from home WILL BECOME THE NORM because they don't want the responsibility and rather then having to play with politics they may as well mitigate and downscale. We will see more and more businesses downscale and work from home will be here to stay because this pandemic is not going away by itself.

My take on all this is get a comfy mask or two. Keep them clean we will be needing them for the foreseeable future
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    If raves are being cancelled (due to the high positive test rate) and the infection rate is climbing faster than the petrol price ... why are the schools still open ?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Make your own choices ... open your mind and allow your mind to steer you in the direction you choose ... at least that way you wont sit back and go I should have or shouldn't have ... if you feel the jab is the right thing ... go do it ... if you dont ... dont let anyone force you to make a decision ... at the end of the day you will suffer the consequences of your action ... right or wrong.

I chose to ride a really fast motor cycle at one point in my life ... my mates were so so confident that I would kill myself ... that 1 million life insurance policies where a better bet than the lotto ... I also knew that if I went down ... I wouldnt survive ... so I didnt bother wearing leathers ... 75 000 km later ... I slip down the road after filling up with petrol ... I got diesel on the tyres while filling up ... I went down as I left the garage at about 5 km/hr ... R25000 damage to the bike ... 1 small surface scratch on my leg (because I was wearing shorts)

By the way with the infection rate sky rocketing due to all the tesing being carried out ... I did confirm with the doctor (one of the most respected doctors) this morning ... my 13 year old will NOT be getting a jab just yet ... not saying she will never be ... just not until he gives me the go ahead ... today will be her last day at school ... I shouldnt have eve sent her to school today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhBm...b_channel=AMTV
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have been trying to make sense of this virus (doubt I ever will) ...something that keeps popping up ... blood clots.

Swollen ankles and obesity ... jab or no jab shouldnt how many people are taking care of their health ... it seems the focus is on the jab ... but nothing about eating right ... stress and exercise etc.

From what I have read and watched ... this variant is going to spread like a wild fire ... regardless of the measure put in place ... what are you doing to make sure you have a fighting chance ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Swollen ankles and obesity ... jab or no jab shouldnt how many people are taking care of their health ... it seems the focus is on the jab ... but nothing about eating right ... stress and exercise etc.
    One mate of mine that has succumbed to this virus was (as his wife puts it) a gym bunny and fit as a fiddle. He was properly into healthy living and eating. Got the virus and after nearly 4 weeks in hospital, succumbed. (Unvaccinated BTW). Seems having comorbidities massively increases the risk of not surviving being infected, but being healthy doesn't seem to provide absolute protection.

So if we take the anti-vax "absolute prevention" standard, does that mean don't bother to stay healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    From what I have read and watched ... this variant is going to spread like a wild fire ... regardless of the measure put in place ... what are you doing to make sure you have a fighting chance ?
    Indeed! That is the question.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If there are symptoms from taking the vaccine, surely it would be better to treat it at that time, in which there is no virus in your body yet, versus getting the Covid, and realizing your body is in trouble by being weakened by the virus itself, so treatment makes it far mode difficult and precarious?

What I often see is that patients are unaware of underlying medical issue until they get the vaccine. Getting Covid is often the killer as by then it is too late.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast