Thread: Intrusion - Chrome & WIN10

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Intrusion - Chrome & WIN10

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this.
    I am a Fire Fox user, however yesterday I just could not get into a site, and since I had Chrome loaded in my PC, I fired it up, and was able to browse the particular page.

I had left the Chrome browser open in the background with a number of other programs.
    In the last 12 hours, I must have had at least 4 pop ups in WIN10 Task bar - notifications about some game that I can play .
    Now WTF, how does Chrome get involved with my OS?

I have closed the Chrome browser, but man it just shows how far these company's are going to get your attention when you don't want it.

It just begs to wonder, what else is happening in the background with out our knowledge.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It wasn't the site?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Encrypted messages ... ad blockers ... virus protection ... someone designed the software ... someone can hack the software.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is actually why many companies are pushing Chrome out. It is very invasive.

Lets start with Win10 we are forced to buy the software and then is forced to disable basically everything on install to stop it from pushing advertisements. But to be very clear win10 should not be trusted with delicate information. Chrome can also not be trusted.

Sadly i must use chrome because the websites i use every day refuse to work on Firefox. See Firefox is highly customizable and you can disable a lot of functionality to give yourself a better experience.

So how do you get around not using chrome because as you say "funny things tend to happen" Well for "personal use" i started to use a particular software. Now you take the software install it on a virtual computer and on start-up it will run Chrome. When correctly set up it is very safe to use as it now lives in its own environment and cannot effect your OS at all. Note the install process can be a bit strange and you must set it up for Chrome use.

Now there is a lot more technical functionality you can use and it is really nice so i would recommend https://porteus-kiosk.org/index.html#about and have a look for yourself.

This video is a bit old but it got me started but be sure to search for a newer one.

It is a very nice way to have a fully functional Chrome browser without having to worry about it messing with the OS. Cool thing is if it does get corrupted you can just delete the virtual device and create a new one. Or do what i do, i set it up properly once then cloned it and used the clone. If the clone gets corrupted i delete it and just clone the original setup again. That way it just saves a lot of time.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    It wasn't the site?
    Wouldn't think so.
    It is a local supplier in Cape Town site, with minimal pages.
    Anyway, I will test again by reopening Chrome with out any pages and run it for a while in the back ground.

When I opened Chrome, immediately get a pop up in WIN10 that I can click to make Chrome run smoother, so I am not holding my breath.
    Will report later.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Chrome has a setting enabled by default that scans your computer and reports all your software to Google. I accidentally found it because there was a service that kept popping up and I did bit of research on it. It looks like the very same service is used to report and lock out "Jack Sparrow Software". Each time I launched a particular app that service would launch and go to the web.

Settings-System-Clean up computer- Untick Report details to Google.

The scumbags have been watching everybody since the 1st day they installed chrome.

IT IS NOT AN ANTI-VIRUS TOOL - IT IS A REPORTING TOOL

I use Glary utilities to look after the machine - Look at "Tracks eraser" you will see exactly how much stuff the browsers actually cache - it is 10000x more than you think.

https://www.glarysoft.com/

You must also install uBockOrigin in FireFox and Chrome - The plugin allows you to see and block the hordes of URLS's that your computer connects to when you launch a website.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Here is a write up on the scumbag Chrome reporting tool

https://www.techpout.com/what-is-chr...w-to-block-it/