Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Running away

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Running away

A topic which has become as popular as covid in SA.

So have you started the process ?

People cant understand why I am not planning my exit from this country ... considering I have enough qualifications and skills to move anywhere in he world ... and a British citizen with family who have already setup in the UK and Australia.

It seems the rest of our family are busy with the process ... both my kids already have the documentation prepared and have started "shutting down" operations in SA.

Many people I have spoken to do not have any plans to rebuild or expand or employ people.

It seems many have decided it is not worth investing in this country ... thanks to the recent rioting ... looting and burning.

I am starting to wonder if this was not the plan ... by whoever is behind the riots.

I have also noticed a trend of older people changing their attitude from being too old to start over in another country ... to screw that we are packing.

So do you think whoever is behind the riots are seeing the result they were hoping for?

When you look around ... you will see the employment ratios people talk about ... not even close to what they should be ... those days of seeing the odd white person in a store as the manager or waitress or bank teller ... are a thing of the past.

The day I had my jab ... I made a point of opening my eyes and looked around ... not one white person employed in jab centre ... lots of indians and black ... but not one white person.

We stopped at the spur ... not one white person employed ... we decide dto go to wimpy for breakfast ... not one white person employed.

We then decided to go watch Fast and furious 9 ( a waste of money) not one white person employed.

The question I ask ... why no whites being employed ... do white not want those crappy jobs ... or is it a racial issue?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    So do you think whoever is behind the riots are seeing the result they were hoping for?
    People with a very narrow interest don't pay much attention to the other consequences of their actions. If they have to answer on anything specific, I am sure it will be along the lines of either - "that helps our objective" or at worst "that is an acceptable price (for someone else to pay) for us achieving our objective" if there is no "upside".

No plans to "run away." I am tending to invest in more liquid assets though.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It seems many have decided it is not worth investing in this country ... thanks to the recent rioting ... looting and burning.?
    I bet that 99% of people who left and are busy leaving made that decision looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong before the most recent nonsense. The recent looting and burning is merely another drop in the strong river of decay.

Another thing is the loaded term "Running away" - You know what - moving on to climb a different mountain is better than chanting in a group at the foot of a dung heap moaning and complaining all day about the rats that scurry about constantly. I bet that those people would chant about how terrible their lot in life is no matter if they were airlifted to the top of Mount Everest - They would complain about the turbulent helicopter ride, the color of the pilot and the horrible glare of the sun!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The question I ask ... why no whites being employed ... do white not want those crappy jobs ... or is it a racial issue?
    The reason is simple; we have a racist government with racist objectives. Our sports minister has now decided not to pay the promised incentives to our medal winners, because they are all white.
    BEE does not create jobs, it destroys jobs as is obvious with the record unemployment rate. There is no incentive for entrepreneurs to start new businesses or to invest in industries that create employment.

It is also true that some whites think that work is beneath them. They just want to be managers and think that doing a trade or blue collar work is below their status.

This is so sad as we are all equal and that is why we have voted against apartheid. Unfortunately, we have now discovered that this only applies if you belong to the Ain't No Consequences party.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

5. Thank given for this post:

RogerGreenP (11-Aug-21), tec0 (10-Aug-21)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    We are actually "Europeans" who are living in an African country, just like ex-patriots living in Kenya, Zambia, Malawi and so on.

We are "visitors", guests if you like, in our country of birth. It may seem harsh and unjust, but it is how it is.

If you were born elsewhere, doubly so.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hydrogen is used for cooling. When in maintenance the system is purged using Co2 or Carbon dioxide.
    Now there should be a instrument panel showing what gas is inside the system, when that gas is purged from the system and when it is safe for the next stage.

Now what was that about running away again ???

note autoignition temperature of hydrogen is 585°C

i have so many questions but yea...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    [video=youtube;VD5gKohiewY]Hydrogen is used for cooling. When in maintenance the system is purged using Co2 or Carbon dioxide.
    Now there should be a instrument panel showing what gas is inside the system, when that gas is purged from the system and when it is safe for the next stage.

Now what was that about running away again ???

note autoignition temperature of hydrogen is 585°C

i have so many questions but yea...
    South Africa is hardly the 1st country to make huge f-ups...I can think of at least 100 disasters all over the world - f-ups happen - that is why the NTSB exists.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    We are actually "Europeans" who are living in an African country, just like ex-patriots living in Kenya, Zambia, Malawi and so on.

We are "visitors", guests if you like, in our country of birth. It may seem harsh and unjust, but it is how it is.

If you were born elsewhere, doubly so.
    I agree somewhat but it is of course more complicated than that.

Taking this idea to the extreme then the United States and Australia should not exist at all because only the Natives that were there when the colonist arrived would be considered to be the true owners of the land. How did the Aborigines get there in the 1st place.

The questions then are:
    1. How many generations does it take to become a native of a country?
    2. What about communities that exist purely due to interbreeding such as the Cape Coloreds - Are they not considered to be true natives of the country?
    3. Would black people living in Europe be considered the same way?

These are just random thoughts going through my head - I think the issue is that some countries choose to classify their inhabitants by race or whatever criteria and as such their will never be unity.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I agree somewhat but it is of course more complicated than that.

Taking this idea to the extreme then the United States and Australia should not exist at all because only the Natives that were there when the colonist arrived would be considered to be the true owners of the land. How did the Aborigines get there in the 1st place.

The questions then are:
    1. How many generations does it take to become a native of a country?
    2. What about communities that exist purely due to interbreeding such as the Cape Coloreds - Are they not considered to be true natives of the country?
    3. Would black people living in Europe be considered the same way?

These are just random thoughts going through my head - I think the issue is that some countries choose to classify their inhabitants by race or whatever criteria and as such their will never be unity.
    I certainly don't agree with the the sentiment and even less so with the notion. It is however what it has become. Ask an African; he will tell you.

11. Thanks given for this post:

RogerGreenP (11-Aug-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I certainly don't agree with the the sentiment and even less so with the notion. It is however what it has become. Ask an African; he will tell you.
    Strange conversation...okey dokey then - if you say so!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast