Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is everyone rich ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Shall we rephrase the question and ask "How do products get on the shelf at Makro?"
    The reasoning for the initial post (and the question/statement implied) was :

If you're (business) are not prepared to listen to customers / adapt & change / choose to avoid your market - then don't cry when your business shuts down and blame Covid or any other reason

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Human nature and rationality is truly fascinating.

Thanks
    Human nature and rationality is truly fascinating.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

... fantastic success is often because of being exceptionally good at just one or two things - the balance being pretty average or even sub-par. It gives everyone hope - we just need to find our own one or two things that will make us "rich".
    In my experience there are many "me too" businesses or copycats. An employee may leave and copy what his employer was doing, but may not have the experience or basic education or product knowledge. All he knows is that there is a demand for the product/service but not how to fix it when things go wrong. You get those type of "bazaars" where you can get anything from a wet rag to a dead rat. I'd rather deal with the professional.

When I initially left the corporate world, I considered buying a franchise, but then realised the restrictions on creativity and scope. It was a "me too" business like exhaust shops that you get around every corner. They basically all do the same thing with no outstanding distinction or feature. That's why they have to compete on price, cutting each others throats.

I'd prefer to deal with an expert in any type of business and not with just an agent for someone else. People who are qualified and exceptionally good at what they do will always get my vote.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    One must never discount luck - being in the right place at the right time (and of course having things change severely that are out of your control)

Friends of ours became very very very wealthy almost overnight by doing Visas for travel - the amounts of cash they made was simply staggering - Then came Covid - they went from 1000 Visas with a profit margin of R500 per month to 10-100 visas per month. They saved their money and invested well so although it is a pain it isn't the end of the world for them.

I think that if one lands with your butt in the butter you should make and save as much as you can as fast as you can because you can lose the opportunity just as easily.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    One must never discount luck - being in the right place at the right time (and of course having things change severely that are out of your control)

Friends of ours became very very very wealthy almost overnight by doing Visas for travel - the amounts of cash they made was simply staggering - Then came Covid - they went from 1000 Visas with a profit margin of R500 per month to 10-100 visas per month. They saved their money and invested well so although it is a pain it isn't the end of the world for them.

I think that if one lands with your butt in the butter you should make and save as much as you can as fast as you can because you can lose the opportunity just as easily.
    Cant agree with you more.

In my home language, it is called "Wedge" when you have someone able to get you in.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    I agree. Today, i think the matter if you are rich or not is not the situation. For me, it;s if you're able to go through this pandemic or not. Most of us just lost a lot, it's sad.

Thanks
    True buddy! Covid has introduced us to the reality.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123