Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Telkom 1023 online listing - White Pages

Thanks

Telkom 1023 online listing - White Pages

I've been harassed by scammers to pay R10,000 for what they said was FREE services. They have a Durban number and it goes to a debt collecting company. I've read up on similar where scammer owns debt collection agency as well. When you don't pay they start sending legal threats, but infact are one and the same. They call themselves White Pages and use the following email addresses: act@telkomsa.net and pages@telkomsa.net. I've read on Facebook that those who put through cancelations within the correct time frame have been shrugged off as not having received cancelations and thus they remain liable to pay. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Not Nice.
    Last edited by adrianh; 29-Jul-21 at 08:07 AM.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Nicky03 (29-Jul-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm. Are you sure this one is Trudon? Trudon representatives use Trudon email accounts.

There are a number of sharp operators purporting to have an association with Telkom that are selling directory listings for ridiculously high figures and those listings are pretty much worthless.

The thing to watch for is telkomsa.net email addresses. Telkomsa.net is an email service for Telkom clients - which is something rather different to Telkom contractors or service providers.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Dunno.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky03 View Post
    I've been harassed by scammers to pay R10,000 for what they said was FREE services. They have a Durban number and it goes to a debt collecting company. I've read up on similar where scammer owns debt collection agency as well. When you don't pay they start sending legal threats, but infact are one and the same. They call themselves White Pages and use the following email addresses: act@telkomsa.net and pages@telkomsa.net. I've read on Facebook that those who put through cancelations within the correct time frame have been shrugged off as not having received cancelations and thus they remain liable to pay. Anyone else experience this?

There used to be many scammers trying to get businesses to list in telephone directories such as the Yellow Pages, White Pages, Business Directories etc. . They would try to get your signature on a form, confirming that your details are still correct, but the form was an actual contract. Now that paper directories are no longer used, scammers try on-line to catch you. Do not agree to anything that you have not initiated yourself and do not allow your staff to sign any such documents on behalf of the company.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    do not allow your staff to sign any such documents on behalf of the company.
    This is very IMPORTANT, whilst the contract is invalid, the process to get it stopped is a very difficult task indeed with these scammers.
    The amount of money is small, but getting the legal process to stop them is very expensive in deed.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am not going to mention the company name because I was harassed by them for many years and as such I don't want to draw attention to myself.

I will say that that people are ALSO harassed by REAL ON THE BOOKS companies that refuse to remove listings. They did this to me for years!

Anybody phones you about this tell them to F-OFF.

@Justloadit - I am not going to pay the other account that I got blackmailed about - They are welcome to try and take me to court over prescribed debt - If they feel that they don't want to give me additional services then they can keep it - I will go elsewhere. I think that it is a bluff though because they still phone me begging me to upgrade 2 contracts that expired. Seems the left hand threatens people while the right hand begs the very same people for business - Stupid parastatals!

Thanks
    It's not Trudon, it's Indian ladies specifically, from Durban I feel.

Thanks
    I received a form from Telecom 1023 requesting a signature for a Free listing on 1023, however there were some Terms and conditions in very fine print which is highly illegible. It was my last working day before going on leave in December and I was under tremendous pressure to finish. I just saw the "Free entry" and signed and send the form back. Now I received an Invoice for R14 400 for a listing that I cannot find anywhere on a website called Telecom 1023. A lady (with an attitude) called me asking for payment of the Invoice. I asked her to send me the agreement, which she did (It was the form that they sent for the supposed "free listing"), this time accompanied by the terms and conditions in HUGE print on a separate page that she attached. Is this a legal document and what should I do? Please assist

Thanks
    Any advice on the above question please?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast