Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bond arrears

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I am not going to pay the prescribed debt - they are welcome to take me to court - I don't care
    Just to point out that they can't take you to court if the debt is prescribed.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Just to point out that they can't take you to court if the debt is prescribed.
    That is good to know.

I really resent them for the attempted blackmail given that I am still a customer paying R1.5k per month and I went into the store looking to add a further R300 to my monthly bill. I am now in two minds about the additional service.

I think that they probably reward their staff (...as an on the side bonus) if they get people to pay such debt. This might be why only some staff members attempt to do this some of the time.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Apparently I have a large debit which I agreed to pay some debit collecting agency which is now in the arrears and I have not honoured the payment as arranged.

I havent had a Nedbank account since 1997 ... I play along when I am am not busy ... get into a long chat with the poor sucker stuck in the call centre.

The best is when they arrive at the gate ... I always hold my dogs on the leads ... with the full kit ... bullet proof jacket ... etc .. then offer to open the gate for them to enter.

The best was the sheriff for the TV license ... shame the oke had balls ... but couldnt find the TV .... so he couldnt attach any goods for the thousands outstanding in TV license fees ... as I mentioned to him I got divorced more than 25 years ago ... the house keeper took the TV
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I contacted Standard bank again today ... in an attempt to sort out this issue ... I hate owing people money ... but when they bully you and tell you to piss off when you attempt to resolve an issue ... I am going to make a point of stretching this as long as I can.

Made a point of advising the Standard bank member that the call was being recorded ... after numerous attempts to update my details ... I was told they have no interest in dealing with me or updating my postal address or contact details or putting a stop to the illegal debit order ... as the bond account has been handed over for collection ... I must contact the debit collectors and update my details ... my response F%^& that.

my account is with Standard bank not some private debit collecting agencies to who they have sold me personal details ... (I think the 4th or 5th maybe ben 6th or more debit collecting agencies) ... every time the new collection agencies calls I inform them of the ongoing dispute with Standard bank ... a couple weeks or months go by and a new collection agencies start harassing me 24/7.

I was then transferred to another consultant ... same story ... eventually ended up with their legal team department consultant ... who also not prepared to update my details or discuss the outstanding payments ... so my response ... well lets just keep the rotating debit collectors and run this for another 2 ... 3 ... maybe 4 years.

I have spoken to an attorney ... he just laughed and asked if I wanted to open a case against Standard bank.

So what have we learnt from all this time wasted.

Your bond interest is only calculated once a month and not on a daily basis like your cheque account ... so if you dont pay on the 7 th or by the 7th ... it doesnt cost you any more than if you pay it on th e 15 or 20 th ... so long as it is within the 30 day period.

If Standard bank have forced you into a payment holiday and then loaded some random debit order onto one of the joint bond members account ... it is illegal and you can take legal action against Standard bank ... not that I would waste my time.

It is also advisable to inform the debit collectors that you are currently in a dispute with the company you are dealing with ... it seems they drop the collection like a hot potato.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Wow ... thats all I am going to say ... I got a message from Standard bank today ... it has taken more than a year ... clearly they need to collect outstanding funds

"As advised yesterday, with regards to the payment holiday. Standard bank was assisting clients last year due to the Covid pandemic. I did note that you responded around 11 August 2020, that you did not want a payment holiday.

The debit order must have been activated again in error when your instalment was set back as normal."

Actually the debit order was enforced when they forced their clients to accept the payment holiday ... which had a clause in the payment holiday which authorised them to force a debit order onto your personal account ... they couldnt load it onto my account because my account is a business account.

I wonder how many people have been screwed like this ... there is a whole lot more small print to that payment holiday they decided to load without your permission ... as you can see by the response ... I sent them a mail to inform them that I didnt want the payment holiday because my bond was paid up months in advance.

there is a lot more to this payment holiday ... people must be in such a bad place that they cannot even fight the bank on this unscrupulous behaviour.

When I approached a lawyer about it he informed that it would be an interesting court case ... I dont have funds to piss against the wall so it looks like they win

I was going through the house in our area which are up for sale ... the house next to mine was sold before covid ... and the owner battled to get R900 k ... I see the house on the other side doesnt even have the square meterage nor all the extra buildings ... R2.2 M ... is it time to sell ... I could retire with R2 M

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So Standard bank admitted that they have made a mistake?
    You should make an appointment to see a snr official such as the regional manager or at least the provincial head of dept.
    No use talking to call centres, they just read everything from a card.

Demand a letter of apology and confirmation that all additional charges and debits to your account have been reversed.
    Ask for a complete recalculation and full statement of your account as proof.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    This bond payment holiday is a lot bigger than my little issues or maybe not ... maybe everyone else just took the holiday and are having happy days.

We will see at the end of the month if the debit order runs again ... then I will hang onto the balance outstanding ... if not I will make arrangements to sort it out ... I have considered selling a vehicle ... it would cover all my outstanding debits and leave me completely debit free ... and I could then buy a new vehicle and claim the tax ... pay it off over the next 5 years ... then I could work a little harder and make more money and still keep my taxes down.

Looking at some of the features in the new vehicles ... it would be a nice to have.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Today I got bombarded with emails ... and other crap.

We are onto the 4 th lawyer firm which Standard bank have sold my details ... trying to take my home and threaten they are going to evict my family.

I am 3 month in the arrears from last year at which time we had a very challenging time trying to get through month by month with no work and barely enough money to buy food food never mind pay our bond.

I decided to contact a lawyer today and get an understanding of what this "section 129 notice" is all about ... telling me if I dont respond in 10 days they are going to take legal action.

My lawyer warned me that I need to make sure they have the correct mailing address ... for registered mail so I decided to update my mailing address with Standard bank .. .suddenly the email had a list of registered letters not sent to incorrect addresses and boy did they send them around the country to all my previous addresses (the people must think I am a real dodger) ... toady I had a slip delivered by hand to my door You would think the first place they would send a registered letter would be the address of the property listed.

The problem with this kind of crap ... it scares the wife and she gets into a panic ... that is the real reason I called lawyer today ... so that it could ease her stress ... I already knew what they were going to say.

Section 129 notice is just that ... a notice of intent

As my lawyer pointed out the fact that my outstanding amount is such small amount (less than R20 k) for them to start sending lawyers to court to try throw (evict) me out my "HOME" where my family lives in these difficult times ... would be quite a story for the newspaper and media ... considering I havent missed a payment since December 2020 and paid a little extra every month since trying to reduce the balance.

Shame on you Standard bank ... why dont you take my calls so that we can take you up on the payment holiday you tried to force onto me last year ... suddenly now you want nothing to do with me ... I have to speak to some lawyer firm.

Thank goodness I am the only person battling to pay the outstanding portion of my bond ... I thought people were battling financially ... its good sign it means the economy is not as bad as I thought even after all the riots and looting.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    One less thing to worry about ... paid total outstanding amount.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    One less thing to worry about ... paid total outstanding amount.
    Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Thanks given for this post:

ians (18-Sep-21)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast