Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bond arrears

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Debit order reversal ... I have sent email after email after email and still almost a year later ... every month they debit the account and it is returned.

Garden fees* ... R1000.20

I thought I would call Standard bank and find out why I have been billed for "garden fees" ... the call centre person could not answer my question and is busy trying to find out what it is for ... she has to escalate the query ... she said she has never heard of such a fee.

I asked if they could help me during these difficult times ... I was told they cannot assist me as I have been handled over to legal.

So I contacted standard bank collection ... I was told they cannot assist me and gave me the number for cindy again 011-6316961 ... but she doesnt answer her phone and doesnt return calls

Standard bank is not interested in my problems ... I have to deal directly with the debit collectors to whom they have sold all my personal details.

I was told there is a way to extend your bond and they could bend you over and take you for heaps more cash and keep kicking you while you are on the ground ... they call it "rehab"
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Time for YOU to start being awkward.
    Will elaborate tonight when at home.

Peace out .. Derek.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Are you being billed by two entities?

You say that you have been paying the bond for the past 7 months - have you been paying Standard bank directly?
    You say that you are receiving debit orders that are bouncing - is that from a separate entity?
    How many months were you in arrears before you started paying again 7 months ago?
    How long ago were you 1st notified that you've been handed over?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is a message which I have received from my bank today. It displays the right attitude and we will watch to see the implementation. I can also mention that stopping a debit order is not an issue at FNB. Reverting to my bank quickly put and end to the unauthorised debits from MTN. Are you maybe at the wrong bank Ian?

We recognise that the current unrest and protest action across the country may have had a significant impact on your business, public entities and staff.

We are deeply invested in helping impacted businesses and public entities recover and rebuild, and as such we will continue conducting a thorough analysis to better understand the requirements and to assist impacted businesses and public entities in resuming operations as soon as possible.

To further support our clients, relief is currently being structured in several key areas including transactional product support, finance moratoriums and insurance claim processing. Once these relief measures have been finalised, we will be communicating directly with impacted clients.

As a financial services provider and corporate citizen with over 40 000 staff, thousands of suppliers, and millions of clients across the country, this is a responsibility we do not take for granted.

If you have any questions or require further assistance for your business or public entity, please contact your relationship manager, or the Business Desk. Alternately, you can chat securely with a team of bankers using the FNB App by selecting ‘Messages’ and then ‘Secure Chat’.

I sincerely hope that you and your respective families, friends and colleagues remain safe and healthy.

Kind regards
    Gordon Little
    CEO: FNB Commercial
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I really don't think that it is wise to try and get clever in this situation - the risk of losing the house is too great.

I really think that @ians should seek out the services of a professional accountant or lawyer to assist him. One may end up having to pay the professional R50k but that would be better than fighting a battle where the opposition clearly has the upper hand.

My wife and I have had to revert to an accounting firm to sort out our taxes for the very same reason (It isn't nice to part with R40k paying accountants but that is what they are for - We can rest easy knowing that they are dealing with it on our behalf)

Thanks
    Hi Ian

There are basically 2 directions to go.

1) Consult a registered debt councilor. Make sure he or she is registered. Explain your situation and be truthful. They will then work something
    out, correspond with the relevant parties on your behalf and once you are are registered with them, your assets, by law, are frozen and cannot
    be attached. NB! Make sure they are registered and a reputable company.

2) Go the Standard Bank Sellsure route. This will buy you time.
    Do not accept their valuation of your property. Stall as much as possible. Point out all the upgrades you have done to your house. Find out
    what was the highest price paid for recently in your area and chuck that in as well.

Now this is when you start being awkward. First appearances count 90% of the time with the sale of any house.
    Make the house looks like shit from the street. Don't cut the grass. Do anything to put off potential buyers. After all, it's not in your interest
    that the house get's sold.

When there is an arranged viewing by a potential buyer, make sure nobody's home, the house is locked and you were called out to an
    emergency breakdown. You're an electrician trying to earn a living. Like I said ... be awkward.

Inside, for when the day arrives that someone eventually gets in to see the interior, make sure it doesn't look good. Use your imagination.
    Washing in the lounge, wires hanging from the ceiling, dirty dishes piled up everywhere. Make the place look kak. That puts off most buyers. If
    you are a fisherman, be sure to leave some vrot bait somewhere. Smell is very important. Nobody will buy a house that smells like shit.

In the meantime, while this is going on, get yourself a good attorney who you know has helped clients successfully with similar problems.

In the meantime, keep paying what you can on the bond. Don't skip. Pay. No matter how little, don't skip. This is important.

I know of people that have been awkward for up to 4 years without losing their house.

Good luck, brother. You have my particulars. I can put you onto people that can assist.

Peace out .. Derek.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Are you being billed by two entities?

They forced a debit order onto my wife's account ... without her permission ... so she contacted FNB and advised them ... FNB bounce the debit every month.

You say that you have been paying the bond for the past 7 months - have you been paying Standard bank directly?

For the past 7 months I have been paying the full amount of my bond and a little extra every month.

You say that you are receiving debit orders that are bouncing - is that from a separate entity?

Standard bank debit an FNB account every months since they forced a payment holiday ... which ( the payment holiday) they removed 2 months later ... but didnt remove the debit order.

How many months were you in arrears before you started paying again 7 months ago?

About 3 or 4 months not 100 % sure because I have been paying extra every months for the past 7 months.

How long ago were you 1st notified that you've been handed over?

I have been harassed by debit collectors since around November last year.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Hi Ian

There are basically 2 directions to go.

1) Consult a registered debt councilor. Make sure he or she is registered. Explain your situation and be truthful. They will then work something
    out, correspond with the relevant parties on your behalf and once you are are registered with them, your assets, by law, are frozen and cannot
    be attached. NB! Make sure they are registered and a reputable company.

I will pass on this idea thanks ... there is no way on this earth that I will go this route ... I would rather just sell one of my bicycles and pay the outstanding bond amount.

2) Go the Standard Bank Sellsure route. This will buy you time.
    Do not accept their valuation of your property. Stall as much as possible. Point out all the upgrades you have done to your house. Find out
    what was the highest price paid for recently in your area and chuck that in as well.

Now this is when you start being awkward. First appearances count 90% of the time with the sale of any house.
    Make the house looks like shit from the street. Don't cut the grass. Do anything to put off potential buyers. After all, it's not in your interest
    that the house get's sold.

When there is an arranged viewing by a potential buyer, make sure nobody's home, the house is locked and you were called out to an
    emergency breakdown. You're an electrician trying to earn a living. Like I said ... be awkward.

Inside, for when the day arrives that someone eventually gets in to see the interior, make sure it doesn't look good. Use your imagination.
    Washing in the lounge, wires hanging from the ceiling, dirty dishes piled up everywhere. Make the place look kak. That puts off most buyers. If
    you are a fisherman, be sure to leave some vrot bait somewhere. Smell is very important. Nobody will buy a house that smells like shit.

In the meantime, while this is going on, get yourself a good attorney who you know has helped clients successfully with similar problems.

In the meantime, keep paying what you can on the bond. Don't skip. Pay. No matter how little, don't skip. This is important.

I know of people that have been awkward for up to 4 years without losing their house.

Good luck, brother. You have my particulars. I can put you onto people that can assist.

This just sounds like too much hard work.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I really don't think that it is wise to try and get clever in this situation - the risk of losing the house is too great.

I really think that @ians should seek out the services of a professional accountant or lawyer to assist him. One may end up having to pay the professional R50k but that would be better than fighting a battle where the opposition clearly has the upper hand.

My wife and I have had to revert to an accounting firm to sort out our taxes for the very same reason (It isn't nice to part with R40k paying accountants but that is what they are for - We can rest easy knowing that they are dealing with it on our behalf)
    I know the feeling ... I had a crap accountant ... I paid him R10 000 to get my books sorted out ... he disappeared ... I got a new accountant ... I ended up having to sell one of my vehicles to pay over R80k in taxes and services

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Blurock ... dont even talk to me about FNB ... my wife is with FNB (she got tired of Standard bank and their shyte service) now every time I have to deal with Standard bank ... she rubs my nose in it ... " I told you to move to FNB"

He banking experience is like asking a qualified electrician for help with connection a light fitting and for me dealing with Standard bank is like asking an oke with an electrician sign outside builders how to program a PLC ... dealing with standard bank is joke.

My wife is employed and she has an account which gives her access to a personal online banker and if she needs to see the banker in person she makes an appointment.

I am business owner and have personal account with Standard bank for more than 10 years ... I have to drive to Standard bank fill out a form and sit and wait a que for a banker to become available.

You cant even make an appointment with a business banker at Standard bank

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast