Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Durban in shutdown today

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Watch this video of a looter trying to shove a flatscreen TV in his car.

The logic is mind boggling.

Please note that the video has a loooooooooot of joking swearing - NSFW - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FLLXfM-hjTI
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	8253

Why toys like this is so very important.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	8253

Why toys like this is so very important.
    I was waiting for him to fold it double!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    So they even caught a CEO of a financial services company looting....There is clearly no hope for this country!

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afr...d-33ed61a7377c

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So they even caught a CEO of a financial services company looting....There is clearly no hope for this country!

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afr...d-33ed61a7377c
    These people just have no shame. I quote Ted Herbst who says in their minds
    it is permissible or even admirable to steal from or destroy the establishment, be it business in the local mall or employers or institutions (they sacked the blood bank) has had its expression in what is happening. Looting is not seen as bad, at worst a bit ‘naughty’, but forgivable and understandable and permissible. The idea that ‘we’re perpetually oppressed, we should be allowed to loot’ is firmly established in the psyche of ANC and EFF members, no matter what their economic circumstances.
    How do you change this mindset that was started by Oliver Tambo and Thabo Mbeki in their Radio Freedom broadcasts decades ago, in which ANC followers were urged to make South Africa ungovernable and to stop paying for government services received. This set in motion the Ain't No Consequences party's path of corruption and destruction that has bought this wonderful country to its knees.

The next event was Mandela's failure to to sanction Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma over the Sarafina II scam. That set in motion the orgy of looting and state capture which we are all aware of. The weapons scandal, Nkandla, Escom, SABC, too many to name all.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I just don't get the logic for an established wealthy person to steal low value items. I get big money white collar crime but there must be something fundamentally wrong for such a person to partake in opportunist blue collar crime.

It is said that a thief will steal whether he is in need or not - it is as if it is an uncontrollable OCD drive! The problem of course in this country is that it seems to be in the blood of a lot of people.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So we resumed work operations today.
    All staff in - no problems there.
    It sounds like anything along the food line in the townships have been looted and as minimum, severely damaged.
    This destruction of shops in the townships means food is a problem in those areas.

My wife and I have brought in food for our staff to take home at the end of today.
    But it seems food supply in many of the townships is going to be a problem for some time to come.

Last week some people were so hungry they could steal a big screen TV.
    Coming soon there is going to be a more real hunger - which might not be as readily satisfied.

This is a long way from over.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Dave ... whats the deal with wages for last week ... I see some people have chosen to pay 2.5 days and unpaid leave for the other 2.5 days ?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I also saw a news item where the gangs that normally strong-arm the Spaza shops for protection money in one area got together with the locals and the police to protect the shops from the looters.

Seems the gangs are starting to learn the importance of protecting their long term investments :-)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I just don't get the logic for an established wealthy person to steal low value items. I get big money white collar crime but there must be something fundamentally wrong for such a person to partake in opportunist blue collar crime.

It is said that a thief will steal whether he is in need or not - it is as if it is an uncontrollable OCD drive! The problem of course in this country is that it seems to be in the blood of a lot of people.
    This has a lot to do with the irresponsible utterances of their leaders shouting slogans such as white privilege, white economic monopoly, rapid economic transformation etc. They have not learnt from the rest of Africa that those very people who are instigating violent change are the ones who will drive away to their mansions in Mercs and Bentleys while the cannon fodder still stay in shacks. If you don't believe me, go and visit any other African state, Zimbabwe is the closest and easy to reach. Or, just talk to the Zimbabweans living and working in South Africa and hear their stories (and warnings about what not to do).
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I spoke with a friend over the weekend. He part owns a company that manufactures bathroom fitting here in Cape Town. He said that they had sent a shipment to Durban via a transport company (DSV) and the company's warehouse was burnt down during the riots. He said that the company can't tell him whether the shipment was lost, stolen or destroyed.

He said that they are not going to lodge a claim with the insurance for the loss due to the fact that they had already claimed on numerous occasions for burglary and theft. The buggers got in through he roof a couple of times and stole all the brass, the computers, the copper pipes and they even ripped the electrical wire out the conduits. He also told me how the staff would cut up new brass rods into short pieces and remove the pieces every day in their bags. The staff steal absolutely everything they can lay their hands on.

To top it all his house has been burgled on 3 occasions and every time they cleared out whatever there was. I hadn't visited them in over a year and their house now looks like a prison - cameras, movement sensors, very heavy outer security doors and fences, electric fencing and they have 4 security gates inside the house. The guy is 60, his wife if 55 and their daughter is 22 living in a middle class suburb in Cape Town (Monte Vista)

Although they have lived most thier lives in South Africa they all have British passports. The daughter leaves for the UK 1st thing next year and the other will follow as soon as the business is wound up.

The important thing to note is that they have been burgled and robbed, that their staff have stolen from them BEFORE COVID. They did their level best to keep their staff working and paid during COVID. I think the looting and loss of production, once again perpetrated by the mindless masses has put the final nail in the coffin of a once thriving South African business employing South Africans in the service of South Africans.

The only thing I can say about this is this: South Africa is like a dog chewing its own legs off....Well done - I hope you are proud of yourselves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123