Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Durban in shutdown today

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    A whole lot of them gathered at the Macro in Montague Gardens, Cape Town. The Macro has been shut down and the area is flooded with cops.

Email problem
    Thanks
    It's bad we have only seen the Videos of the chaos that was going on in your guy's provinces. We are in East London attempts were also made, but much fewer in number, and they were routed. Though businesses did close and roads were also empty so there was an impact here too, much less though for now.

Most of those looters are just taking an opportunity created by a small select few who do have a political motive to instigate. It's sad how easy it is to manipulate the masses.

Anyway, I hope things get better for you guys in the hot spots, for some odd reason I do have a little faith in the Army when it comes to handling our own people, maybe it's because of how they handled the deployment on our first lockdown. I felt they actually did a good job there.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Thanks
    Hi all

I'm from the US. I've been following what's happening in South Africa for a while. I'm something of an inventor and I wanted to let you know of an idea I had. I worked in mining and we would blow off equipment with a high pressure air hose. The material we processed was very fine. With no wind the material blown off equipment would spread out and fill the entire valley we were in. I know it's hard to get ammunition right now but if you can find a working portable air compressor (maybe even a leaf blower could do it not sure) and some fine material such as chalk powder I think you can blind a large mob. The dust can also act as a carrier for other things as well such as powdered hot peppers. It should discourage any crowd.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It is heart warming to see that communities are banding together to protect their and other properties and not allowing looting in their suburbs.
    I salute you brave people!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    hi everyone,

i a bit off topic.

i got a tears in my eyes yesterday when i saw our community pulled together in ways that history should record and protected each other in ways that i can only describe as truly humbling.

Everyone worked tirelessly to protect each other and for now we have peace.

It truly was epic.

Thought i leave it here today. Was a wonderful thing to experience.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    AS the Zulu king said, " This is a shame on the Zulu nation", or at least the faction that support the Zumas. This, as far as I am concerned, was an attempt to destabilise the state and its structures, It was a blatant attack on capitalism and our economy. Was this instigated by the RET (rapid economic transformation) advocates? Why were the people who appeared on stage in Nkandla, instigating violence not arrested? Why were the Safety and Security cluster fast asleep and not act in time?

I must stress that I know many Zulu people, workers and friends who would never involve themselves in atrocities like this. Unfortunately, there are people who allow themselves to be fed $#!t by politicians who are not interested in the poor and jobless, but only in their own selfish motives.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW1234 View Post
    Hi all

I'm from the US. I've been following what's happening in South Africa for a while. I'm something of an inventor and I wanted to let you know of an idea I had. I worked in mining and we would blow off equipment with a high pressure air hose. The material we processed was very fine. With no wind the material blown off equipment would spread out and fill the entire valley we were in. I know it's hard to get ammunition right now but if you can find a working portable air compressor (maybe even a leaf blower could do it not sure) and some fine material such as chalk powder I think you can blind a large mob. The dust can also act as a carrier for other things as well such as powdered hot peppers. It should discourage any crowd.
    I think this is a marvellous idea and should be pursued by security and police. It is very difficult to control a crowd that acts like mad dogs. Shooting does not always help as violence begets violence, but measures to stop and contain a mad crowd must be pursued.

Some security guys in our area disabled looters by puncturing (shooting) the tyres of their vehicles so that they could not get away with their loot.
    The vehicles are still standing there with 4 flats and I suspect the guys who managed to flee on foot will be visited by the SAPS soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So now I am looking for signs that I might be able to resume business.

The number one hurdle for now would seem to be fuel supplies. Being in the service industry and with a fair sized fleet we go through a lot of it when we are running.
    Then there is the issue of clients that are open to us coming.
    Another hurdle will be the community policing blockades. I should think we will be able to navigate that one, but it certainly is going to add to travelling times as minimum.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Look at how they robbed a bike shop in Pinetown.

https://www.iol.co.za/mercury/news/p...2-42aacd7438ef

It is terrible how these people simply have no regard. That said - The BLM movement in the US also just turned into a free-for-all. I wonder how the leap goes from "Free our leader" to "Lets steal and break everything in sight"
    What is the psychology - is it simply: "Mob rule - There are many of us so we take out chances"

I see that protests in France against vaccine passports went the same way last night - How do you go from "I don't want to carry a vaccine passport" to "lets burn a lonely JCB for no reason"

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Watch this video of a looter trying to shove a flatscreen TV in his car.

The logic is mind boggling.

Please note that the video has a loooooooooot of joking swearing - NSFW - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FLLXfM-hjTI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast