Thread: Business closed

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Business closed

It seems the country has been bought to its knees ...as shops are looted ... building and vehicles burn.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    19/07/2021... It feels like I have just woken up from a really bad dream.

The beuty about living in SA ... no matter how bad things get ... in the blink of the eye ... we go from a full scale shutdown what seems was going to turn into a civil war ... to back to work like nothing happened.

I was the only person late for work this morning ... a few complaint about the price of bread ... otherwise everything is the same ol ... same ol.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have lived through 20 months in a bush war ... 12 months in townships ... doing riot control ... this time it was different ... I have a wife and children to protect ... a lot more stressful.

It is absolutely amazing how people rallied together ... not only to protect each other ... but share food and medical supplies ... offer support to each other what ever had to be done ... we even got together and replaced a geyser for someone ... there were no plumbers available ... so we got together and figued it out ... we upgraded alarm systems ... no matter the challenge it got sorted out.

In number we have strength ... thank you to everyone ... no matter how big or small your contribution ... be it eyes and ears on the road ... delivering coffee and muffins to check points ... offering moral support to terrified community member ... it is all appreciated.

4. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (19-Jul-21)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    where i live the community stepped up in a BIG way we are really in full force patrolling making sure there are no trouble makers, we stay in communication and report every little thing because as we all know little things become something big really fast.

Right now it looks good i just hope it stays that way. And yes a lot more consideration goes in when you have people that you care about.

Even now foot patrols "in this cold" is happening. The dog squad is also on patrol along with cars checking areas that cannot be reached on foot fast enough. Each house hold is checking their direct area and report anything that may be considered a problem.

Between everyone keeping an eye and a clear physical force, of everyone involved those that did try something was identified and stopped in their tracks fast.

i am humbled by all the people that stood up for us and i am grateful for each person/group. It was EPIC to see how strong we can stand together.

i am not ashamed to say this but it brings tears of joy to my eyes.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Teco ... I moved into my house 12 years ago ... it was a safe neighbourhood ... 7 years ago we had our first hijacking in a driveway ... since then if has blown completely out of control ... every house linked to my house has had a house invasion ... were the families have endured abuse to both parents and children ... the most recent (before this looting) ... a father and 3 children (3, 5 and 7 years old) were attacked with bush knives in the house across the road.

We already had patrols 24/7 ... WhatsApp groups monitoring and reporting any suspicious activities.

We need to find a way to put an end to the house invasions ... they are more traumatising for families than any looting.

Lets hope we see a few incompetent people step down so that suitably skilled people can fill positions to create a safer environment for all South Africans.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Teco ... I moved into my house 12 years ago ... it was a safe neighbourhood ... 7 years ago we had our first hijacking in a driveway ... since then if has blown completely out of control ... every house linked to my house has had a house invasion ... were the families have endured abuse to both parents and children ... the most recent (before this looting) ... a father and 3 children (3, 5 and 7 years old) were attacked with bush knives in the house across the road.

We already had patrols 24/7 ... WhatsApp groups monitoring and reporting any suspicious activities.

We need to find a way to put an end to the house invasions ... they are more traumatising for families than any looting.

Lets hope we see a few incompetent people step down so that suitably skilled people can fill positions to create a safer environment for all South Africans.
    I am sorry to hear this. Yes sadly this is the reality that nothing we do will keep the bad away from our doors. We can only do what we can.

A few days ago a man woke up only to see his car was stripped from lights, doors and anything that could fit into another car.

They live in a security complex. So honestly what can i tell you? I will not tell you BS and tell you things will get any better. i can tell you we can only do our best. Sadly that has to be good enough.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.