Thread: Investing in the Stock Market

Thanks

Investing in the Stock Market

I am a newbie to this forum and I am hoping I am posting in the correct forum.

I am a US Citizen and I am interested in buying stocks on the South African Stock Exchange. Is it possible for Non South African citizens to invest (buy and sell) in South African stocks? If it is possible, can some one please guide me on how to do this? Also, would it be possible to repatriate the profits assuming of course that I made a profit from the buying and selling of stocks?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Investing in the stock market might actually hurt your chances if you are not that careful as well. Sometimes it is easy to try it out and make some moves around it rather than to actually try for more than just what we do to save our own money too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sherinemuasher View Post
    Investing in the stock market might actually hurt your chances if you are not that careful as well. Sometimes it is easy to try it out and make some moves around it rather than to actually try for more than just what we do to save our own money too.
    Thanks for the advice. Even if I follow your advice, HOW can I go about trying it out? I am a US Citizen and am interested in trying/buying stocks listed on the South African Stock Exchange. HOW would I go about it? I am assuming the system is entirely different for me as an American compared to how South Africans open a brokerage account, transfer their funds to that brokerage account and eventually trade in stocks. I need to know the steps how I can go about investing in the South African Stock Exchange as a foreigner and non South African citizen.

Email problem
    Thanks
    For an outsider to invest in South Africa, it comes under foreign Investing. You need to officially register your identity in the regulatory bodies as per terms and rules specified. Also, you need to find a reliable broker for your investments to avoid any scams as well.

Check out the official sites of FSCA(Financial Sector Conduct Authority) which is the regulatory body of South African stock exchange markets. You can find more details on foreigner investing and the rules applied.

Thanks
    I wanted to do this too but there is too much paperwork to buy legally

Thanks
    Any is possible in South Africa.. for all the paperwork related to stock investment directly reach out you will be help

Thanks
    Be careful of scammers if you want to do this! Automatically, when someone finds out you're a newbie, they'll take advantage of you. It happened to me when I first started.