Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MES products

Diamond Member
    Thanks

MES products

I have to give this company credit where it is due.

I had a problem ... I contacted the company about the issue with the 4x4 grip plates ... was advised that I was the first person to identify the issue ... sent a video to them.

I was told they would address the issue ... they did ... the grip plates were returned ... a temp. solution was used to get the switch module to operate freely and I am told the mould would be adjusted as soon as possible.

I fitted the temp replacement modules on site ... everyone is happy.

The question is will I buy this product in the future ... yes.

I was instructed to replace all plugs and sockets with ICONIC ... well that didnt go well ... the limited ICONIC range doesnt have double pole islolators ... no shaver units etc etc ... I would call that a fail.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Ian
    You are speaking about brands that I haven't seen or heard of.

I buy what's available but avoid Onesto.

A new brand in our valley is Ausma.
    I use it and so far, so good.
    Prices are reasonable.

Peace out .. Derek

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    MES is basically the replacement for clipsal S2000 range ... Ausma is a brand they sell at the wholesaler ... sometimes if I order and the stuff is delivered ... they send Ausma ... I think it comes out the same factory ... clipsal was a slightly better product but customer dont want quality they want cheap cheap ... thats why I think clipsal pulle dthe S2000 range ... unfortunately ICONIC range doesnt have all the components required for an installation ... which makes it pretty useless.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Ian

I buy what's available but avoid Onesto

Peace out .. Derek
    I like Onesto

I have used, I would guess, well over 5000 onesto socket in the last 5 or 6 years. Not one failed. Good couple of hundred switches with no problems either.

I also use the 6kA breakers. Again, a few 1000 of them, and I had one 40 amp fail. Latch failed/crapped out.

Also the Earth leakage, probably over 300 single and 3 phase. 2 have crapped out. I strongly suspect they were abused though.

For the price I think they are really good.

Especially when people are cash strapped. Onesto earth leakage R200, CBI pretty much R600. Same SABS standard.

I don't use there contactors/motor starters often as I spend money on that kind of thing - Schnieder

Don't like Lear or Chint at all. Feels really poorly made.

Haven't tried Ausma yet

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingsparks View Post
    I like Onesto

I have used, I would guess, well over 5000 onesto socket in the last 5 or 6 years. Not one failed. Good couple of hundred switches with no problems either.

I also use the 6kA breakers. Again, a few 1000 of them, and I had one 40 amp fail. Latch failed/crapped out.

Also the Earth leakage, probably over 300 single and 3 phase. 2 have crapped out. I strongly suspect they were abused though.

For the price I think they are really good.

Especially when people are cash strapped. Onesto earth leakage R200, CBI pretty much R600. Same SABS standard.

I don't use there contactors/motor starters often as I spend money on that kind of thing - Schnieder

Don't like Lear or Chint at all. Feels really poorly made.

Haven't tried Ausma yet
    Hello Brother

One of the main reasons I do not use Onesto plugs and switches is because their corners are rounded.
    They look crappy in a surface box because the corners of the boxes protrude.

They also look crappy if used to replace another brand if flush for the same reason. you have 4 ugly corners where they do not cover the paint line.

Peace out ... Derek

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    So I have identified more problems with the MES product ... the grid plate and the surround are not the same shade of white ... they must have run a different product batch.

but an even more serious problem ... removing the surround for painting ... I have never really taken much note of this ... I normally take a big screwdriver and just force the surround off ... the problem ... it damages the surround ... I have made a special tool to remove the surround to prevent damaging the plastic ... which after 3 or 4 attempts to remove it starts looking a bit crappy.

We have identified that the clip which holds the surround on is the issue ... if you make a hook and slide it in the cut out you can get behind the and pull it loose ... to resolve this problem you can sit and sand the clip.

or MES can up their game and sort out their C grade product ... I am told that if these product were manufactured by a legit company here in SA they would be regarded as rejects and sold as scrap.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    spent half the day trying to source product ... fighting everyone ... over shyte service ... useless sales reps who give bad advice ... crap quality products and price increases ... I contact MES to find out what is happening with the 6 way grid plates ... I am told to collect them at the wholesaler ... I clip the modules into the grip plate imagine that ... the same F%^&*%^& en problem ... what is going on ... yet I am told tomorrow ther ewill be huge price increases again

I hear people crying for work ... companies closing down ... I am not surprised.

I just cannot keep up with the work load anymore and still have to deal with useless reps who offer shyte advice ... and reject products.

Thanks
    Why stick with the brand if you are unhappy with it ?

Change.

There are plenty other brands available.

Peace out .. Derek.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have been using this brand for a long time ... never had any issues with it ( in saying that I have havent used 4x4 grid plates for light switches) .. on this project I am 90 % complete ... we were going to strip everything and replace with the Iconic range ... that turned into a fail ... you cant buy half the ICONIC range in SA ... no D/P isolator switches ... no shaver units etc.

MES came to the party and offered to sort out the grid plates ... so we decided to stick with the product ... 2 weeks later I enquire about the 6 way grid plates ... and thats were the wheels fell off.

I was told the new grid plates had been delivered to the wholesaler ... so that was one of my stops today ... got back to the workshop to assemble everything ready for tomorrow ... and imagine that ... the switches dont operate because new grid plates supplied are also rejects ... the holes are too small for the switch module .. so what happens ... when you try switch on the light ... the switches stick in the middle.

Poor show MES ... clearly these 4x4 grid plates are all rejects and should be recalled ... all of them.

They were made aware of the issue 2 weeks ago and acknowledged the problem and indicated that the adjustment to the mould was required.

In the mean time there is a temp. solution ... you have to take a big screwdriver and reamer the hole to enlarge it ... but it distorts the grid plate ... the other way would be to machine a piece of steel you could hit into the hole to make it bigger.

Some of you will remember the problem we had with clipsal socket outlets many years ago ... they gave us a TEE bar with a round shaft ..which you would hammer into the earth socket to make it a little bigger ... so that you could get the plug top out the socket ... other wise you had to wedge a screwdriver in behind the plug top.

Thanks
    Adjustment of that mould aint gonna happen quickly. Quite a job to change a mould. Even bigger job communicating with the Chinese.

Peace out .. Derek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast