Thread: Constructive dismissal in progress.

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Constructive dismissal in progress.

It is abundantly clear the my daughter is going through a process of constructive dismissal.

The boss has two sons. The one son went overseas and my daughter took his tasks over. The son has now returned and the boss has handed 50% of my daughter's tasks back to her son (which is perfectly understandable). The problem is that the boss is making her life absolutely miserable - he swears at my daughter - craps on her but the problem is that he changes his mind about how things should be done all the time - she gets crapped on doing it one way, gets told to do it another and then gets crapped on for doing it that way. The boss even craps on my daughter for mistakes his own sons makes (in front of the two sons) and they just keep quiet. My daughter is a nervous wreck because she doesn't know from day to day whether she is going to get crapped on for any number of things out of the blue.

We've told her to try and keep her cool while she looks for another job - the thing is that this lot is reaching a point where my daughter might just tell him to go F-himself to his face.

How can bosses go through life life this - If he wants my daughter to leave why doesn't he just tell her and get it over with - why does he have to torment her till she cracks! The business isn't going very well because the boss does this sort of thing in front of customers. The customers are also starting to scatter and the STUPID boss blames my daughter for them leaving. He doesn't seem to realize that if you swear at a young female employee in front of his own sons and his FEMALE customers that they are going to leave.

This person does many many inconsistent strange things all the time. I suppose my daughter should just leave rather than be a ball of stress all the time (yes she did burst into tears in front of the ahole two weeks ago and explained her constant angst to him - he just forgets and turns into the pig that he is in no time)

I would personally love to go wring his neck!
    Last edited by adrianh; 05-Jun-21 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Rather than wring the boss's neck, there are two things your daughter should probably do:

1. Get a witness (or more) to one or more of these incidents.
    2. Approach her boss with a complaint about his unfair and unreasonable conduct. It might best be done with a letter of complaint that sets out the detail of what she views as unfair. It should include very specific examples.

If the matter is not dealt with appropriately, then she may be in a position to resign and claim constructive dismissal.

** This post is not to be construed as legal advice **

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The boss's behavior seems to be from a narcissistic trait, and is something that will not change. They place a target on your back, and are constantly shooting at it.
    In their minds, you are the cause of all their failures.
    I am afraid that there is little that can be done.

Trying to remain in this toxic environment will affect your personal health.

Sorry to hear of this difficult situation at the time that the economy is in a difficult stage and in slow recovery.

Trying to find another job is going to be difficult but I think in the long run it may be better for your daughter's health.

People with this disorder very rarely change.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Firstly i am truly sorry to read this Adrian. Family of mine lost their jobs in a similar fashion but there is yet to be a date set as the CCMA is swamped. They lost there work in the begging of the pandemic. Not sure what will happen, we are just waiting now.

Anyhow i will tell you what i told them. When you get employment. Get yourself legal representation. There is a lot of good options that you can just simply pay for monthly. It is small amounts and it is well worth the investment. Some do specialize in this kind of thing and they help a lot. i know it may not help now but in future it is a good thing to keep in the back of one's mind.

But bosses like this exist and is why i exited the employment market and started doing my own thing. IF things doesn't work out for her, please encourage her to start something she can own and work with and work towards something better. Yes it is the harder road almost everyone on this forum knows it. BUT in my humble opinion it is the best road ahead. Maybe something to think about. I have to say in our current economy it is not going to be easy BUT again nothing is.

i hope the situation improves i really do.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Something I have learnt over the years ... if you can just find a persons strength rather than just employing them for the sake of a job.

There is no such thing as a stupid person ... they are just in the wrong occupation ... sometimes you have to move to the right place so that you can grow ... dont always see losing your job as a set back in life.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My daughter has a good reputation in her industry and as such she got another job and she is starting on the 1st of July.

7. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (10-Jun-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    My daughter has a good reputation in her industry and as such she got another job and she is starting on the 1st of July.

Stoked things worked out.

9. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (09-Jun-21)