Thread: Standard bank loan

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Standard bank loan

I am in a dispute with Standard bank over a payment holiday ... which resulted in them forcing a debit order which was cancelled 3 years ago... due to multiple double debits ... it was agreed in writting that the debit order would stop 3 years ago ... last year they dicided to force a payment holiday plan and debit order without my permmission ... I didnt agreee to any of the terms and conditions (my bond was not in the arrears ... in fact it had been paid in full for a few months in advance)

Once the forward payment was complete ... I started paying every month as I have for the past 3 years ... but at the same time they were debitng the account ... which was then returned ... I stop payment to the bank when they started debit the account again.

Months went by and they still refuse to stop the debit order ... so I refused to pay until they remove the debit order ... the amount climbed to around R20 000 ... I have been harrassed 24/7 by debit collectors with threatning all sorts of crap ... I ignore them ... we ar eonto our 3 rd debit collecting company.

At the beginning of this year I resumed the payment (the bond is up to date from Jan - April) ...I refusing to back pay the outstanding amount until Standard bank stop the debit order ... I have not missed a payment this year ... yet every month they run the debit order which is reutrned.

I have just received a letter from

STANLEY BRODKIN MADITSI

A T T O R N E Y S A N D C O N V E Y A N C E R S

Threatning that they are going to ...

"Despite sending you a previous written demand on or about 2021-04-08 you have failed to make a payment and as a result you have exposed yourself to an increased risk of litigation which may result in the foreclosure of your mortgage bond, the sale in execution of your home and your ultimate eviction from the property."

What rights do I have as a consumer?

I am sure ther eare a lot of customer being bullied like this at the moments ... harassed all day and night with calls and threatneing emails and sms's.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Just a word of warning ... if you are also fighting with Standard bank over this forced payment holiday issue ... make sure you take note of the address on the correspondence ... if not and they send a summons to that old address regardless of the fact that you lived there 15 years ago ... they could act on you not responding to the threat ... and go ahead with proceedings.

I contacted an attorney today ... its all just bullying until you get the summons.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There is the ombudsman for banking services as a possible option.