Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hilti machine servicing

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The question I ask myself ... because I am so angry ... maybe I am being unreasonable.

Am I expecting too much form HIlti ?

They promise a 3 day turnaround time.

They advertise 20 year support ... its not me making up some figue just because I look after my machines.

It not like the TE7 was in bad condition when it was sent to them ... it came back in worse condition than when I sent it to them.

Cut and paste from Hilti website

https://www.hilti.co.za/content/hilt...l-service.html

Unique Warranty - 2 Years** Free Repair

In the event of a breakdown, we repair your Hilti tool free of charge for 2 years** after the date of purchase (including wear and tear).
    After the 2 years warranty period, take advantage of our repair packages with a capped amount After any out-of-warranty repair (package or quote), benefit from an additional 3 month no cost coverage on the tool.
    Manufacturer's warranty: 20 years warranty against parts and manufacturer irregularities as long as we service the tool.

They are the only ones who service my machines ... not all of them because now I have to take my machines which are older than 10 years to a private power tool company to service them because they refuse to even book them in never mind service them ... so I dont get how the 20 years warrant works ...maybe I should ask 5 year old grand child
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Dave did you know your Te 30 AVR is regarded as an entry tool ... When I enquired about the 12 volt Hilti range of tools ... I was advised not to puchase any entry tools ... because the tools we use are required to run from the morning to into the evening day after day.

Entry Tools are:

12 Volt batteries, chargers, and Screwdrivers.
    TE 1
    TE 30 AVR
    TE 50
    TE 50 AVR
    TE 800
    TE 500
    DX 2
    POL15
    Including all corded Screwdrivers
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Ians, Sorry to say but Hilti SA DOES NOT GIVE A HOOT about the small one machine contractor, they focus on the 84+ machine contractor, which sound fair, that's their main business.
    I will NEVER EVER again own any Hilti machine again, even if we do become a massive billion dollar company one day, in my dreams.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The wheel turns slowly ... I sub contract to some big companies ... 50 -100 staff doing a 10 million plus contracts

Thas why I mentioned early about the discount structure ... I know what we pay for machines when I am doing these contracts compared to what I pay and how the reps run when we do these projects.

It seems Rose has been relieved of her postion ... no surprise there ... considering the massive staff turnover at Hilti ... a lesson for Hilti employees ... dont promise customers things management wont honour.

Its clear that like all other skilled positions in SA ... including servicing at tHIlti is as bad as the rest.

The machine is still in my stroreroom dripping oil ... we will chat again in 2 years time when I send it back lets see what they come up with then ... everyone will have fogotten about this post ... maybe R5 k this time to service it.

I will bet money that they will say it is past the 20 year sell by date

5. Thanks given for this post:

ACEsterhuizen (24-May-21)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123