Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Denied petrol

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The problem is that there is no pattern to "who dies" from the virus. Old people, young people, healthy people, unhealthy people - The only thing we can try and to is to limit the spread of the virus until the vaccines kick in or the markers that distinguish the victims are found.

People think we have it bad - I know airline pilots who have been tested over 100 times with swabs up their butts and noses - we have it frigging easy!

2. Thank given for this post:

Andromeda (17-Mar-21), IanF (17-Mar-21), tec0 (16-Mar-21)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    The problem is that there is no pattern to "who dies" from the virus. Old people, young people, healthy people, unhealthy people - The only thing we can try and to is to limit the spread of the virus until the vaccines kick in or the markers that distinguish the victims are found.

People think we have it bad - I know airline pilots who have been tested over 100 times with swabs up their butts and noses - we have it frigging easy!
    I agree, but would add the following;

If I get it and i know i did everything i could then my conscious can rest...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    @Derlyn, Not cleverly, clearly

I have a client who went to hospital to get a bypass. No bypass but he was infected with COVID19. Now he is dead.

My business partner narrowly escaped death, from COVID19

Two directors at a client were diagnosed on Friday; they are very ill despite their health and youth.

A colleague has "Long COVID" and has been struggling for months. She is a fighter and I truly hope she will overcome.

I could go on but that would be rather pointless.

A mask is a tiny price to pay and I would cheer those who chase you away.

5. Thank given for this post:

adrianh (17-Mar-21), tec0 (17-Mar-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My wife has been stuck in the UK for over a year due to Covid (People die around them like flies because they care for the aged). One of our family member is an ICU nurse in the UK DEALING WITH COVID DEATH ON A DAILY BASIS - Young and old alike DIE from the disease. I lost a friend - My brother lost 2 friends - My neighbor lost a relative.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Albert Einstein

Expected to fill out a register using a pen handed to me by a security personal ... used by a hundred other people ... allowed to pick up and put down products in a supermarket ... touch counters which are touched by dozens of other people on a daily basis ... bump each passing in isle while shopping ... told to wear a cloth mask for the most deadly virius on earth ... yet I wear a double filter face mask when I paint shyte ... and I am the stupid one ... really?

I am exposed to people on a daily basis ... my sister has a cough high temp. so she is put in a covid isolation ward with other patients who have tested positive ... suspected of having covid ... her test results come back negative and she is released the following day ... and I am the stupid one

Personally I find social distancing a far better solution ... I stay the fu%^& away from people as much as I can ... wash my hands frequently and wear the ridiculous mask as and when forced to do so.

For the record I know of people who havent washed that germ infested piece of cloth for a month ... and some since the lockdown ... eeeeish.

For the record I have lost family and friends ... 2 of them a day apart ... both my sisters are working in the UK ... my neighbour has lost 10 family members ... I have friends who have lost both parents and siblings in December ... I had 14 people in one company test positive where I worked in December ... they also lost family members ... they were all wearing masks and wshing hands.

Its about being responsible ... I dont believe the mask is the be all and end all of this pandemic ... in fact I believe it could even give people a false sense of security ... resuting in people standing too close each other. and just generally not abiding by the rules.

I have to pass on the stupid aware to a person I had to deal with a couple weeks ago ... he picked on my staff member for not wear his mask correcty (just below his nose) Had a go at me because of it ... and all this while he wasnt even wearing a mask ... the only reason I didnt tell him to F^&* off ... was because the work I was doing was for a good customer and couldnt risk loosing the customer.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    By the way some garages do offer to spray your hands after you have exchanged petrol cards/card machine/cash/keys/slips etc with a person who has been exchanging item all day ... so long as you are wearing a mask you are all good ... I would be more worried about washing my hands

I go into the wholesaler ... I hand the card to the slaesman ... he hands me the card machine to type in my code ... the puller gets my goods ... hands all the stuff to the checker who checks everything ever single person collects from the despatch ... before hand it over the the counter ... I then hand the slip to the security at the door who then touches everything again as he counts it ... then hands me the goods and my receipt ... during this time I have wiped my forehead and eyes more than 6 times during this process because I am sweating (its been f%^&* hot lately) ... but hey I am wearing a mask.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Deflecting a basic argument by using the "What about them" strategy doesn't work on people who understand the rules of debate.

Why did you stop me officer - I only skipped a robot - Officer, you should go do real work like chasing Taxi's that drive on the wrong side of the road.....You see....it is always "those others" ...it's never us....
    (The argument strategy doesn't stand up to scrutiny)

The debate is about whether one is obliged to wear a mask in public - Andromeda spelled it out!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I would like to add my 10c here.

Something we tend to forget, Ians, you work with certain materials which are highly poisonous to a virus/bacteria, and are not even aware of it, which in the background actually protects you.

Do you know that copper, lead, galvanized pipes and machine oil is poisonous to a virus. So unintentionally you are regularly sanitizing your hands against the virus while you work. So those dirty hands from the work you doing, virus wise are actually clean.

I have been thinking about this for a while. Most days, I am handling copper boards, wire, lead solder and other chemicals such as oils, benzine, PCB cleaner, and other cleaning materials. Do you think that the virus is going to survive in my environment, I think not, but what worries me, is when I have to go to a shop/Office/Business which does not deal in this type of materials that we regularly deal with, in there lies the danger of a lurking virus that may have attached to a surface. There is nothing to kill the virus but sanitizing regularly.

Hope this has given a little peace of mind.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

10. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (17-Mar-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    There are more things about the "chemicals" issue that really worries me.

1. Every man and his dog is forcing chemicals on the public without consideration of the actual chemicals or their ingredients.
    2. The public is exposed to very high concentrations of chemicals, especially Isopropyl Alcohol.
    3. I read that kids get vast quantities of Alcohol in their eyes due to the whole sanitizer craze.

I am personally very sensitive to exposure to Isopropyl Alcohol and other chemicals. I can't use Tamiya paint (which claims to be acrylic but is predominantly Alcohol based) , Superglue or even solder without a respirator because I get a massive headache within minutes of exposure. I've had 4 sinus operations and my mucus membranes are shot. I find that when I go to the shopping centres I develop a "chemical" headache very quickly. I've spent a lifetime having different headaches so I am kinda able to deduce the cause from the specifics of the pain.

Exposure to certain metals like Copper is good but of course exposure to things like Lead and Mercury not so much.

I wonder why UVC isn't used much more as a sanitizer - The frequency of the light is said to break the DNA of bacteria and ozone is a good disinfectant (not so much for direct human contact but still)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Deflecting a basic argument by using the "What about them" strategy doesn't work on people who understand the rules of debate.

Why did you stop me officer - I only skipped a robot - Officer, you should go do real work like chasing Taxi's that drive on the wrong side of the road.....You see....it is always "those others" ...it's never us....
    (The argument strategy doesn't stand up to scrutiny)

The debate is about whether one is obliged to wear a mask in public - Andromeda spelled it out!

I just enjoy the rant ... and really just here for the responses

I have been hectic busy at work ... its a good distraction adding my 10 million 5 thousands six hundred cents worth.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ag you know we all get wound up over $h!t

At the end of the day we all want everybody to have their place in the sun :-)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast