Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Denied petrol

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Blurock - As I said: The Performative Activism Karens like to be obtuse enough to be annoying but they are too scared to stand up for their so-called right to do whatever they want.

Here is a LiveLeak video showing them in action.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9DGob_1616323993

Shame man, it must be hard for them to go through life as wannabe activists. They are the ones who walk around with placards screaming their heads off and then run away at the 1st sign of a water canon.

The psychology driving these people is really interesting - They are the ones who continually complain about everything yet are unwilling to do anything about it - the whingers and whiners of the world.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Blurock

I tried to take up your challenge, but I couldn't even get in at the gate outside.

The " sissies " at the gate wouldn't let me in without a mask.

Peace out .. Derek

Regarding the 70 000 infections in Brazil .... Do you know whether those infected were mask wearers or not ?
    From this statement it seems that they are lax on masks

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-53287054
    BBC South America correspondent Katy Watson says Jair Bolsonaro has never cared much for masks - a health recommendation that has become highly politicised, as has much of the handling of the coronavirus crisis in Brazil.

Even where mask use has been made obligatory not everyone has observed the rules, and enforcement is often pretty lax, our correspondent adds.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Blurock would you go into a covid ward wearing just a cloth mask?

Another f%^& joke ... as mentioned elsewhere ... my sister was put into a covid ward ... after a couple day the test results came back negative ... she was released ... I wonder if they made her wear a mask?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    @Blurock - As I said: The Performative Activism Karens like to be obtuse enough to be annoying but they are too scared to stand up for their so-called right to do whatever they want.

Here is a LiveLeak video showing them in action.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9DGob_1616323993

Shame man, it must be hard for them to go through life as wannabe activists. They are the ones who walk around with placards screaming their heads off and then run away at the 1st sign of a water canon.

The psychology driving these people is really interesting - They are the ones who continually complain about everything yet are unwilling to do anything about it - the whingers and whiners of the world.
    My brother Adrian

As a self proclaimed master debater you should know that insulting your opposition and declaring that they are working on your nerves is the first sign of you losing the debate.

The only time I have maybe insulted you is when I referred to you as a chop. For that I sincerely apologise even although I think that description of you is quite appropriate.

You say I am responsible for your wife being stranded in the UK. I still want you to explain that one to me.
    Anyway, when you speak to her again, please tell her that I, Derek Stuart, apologize from the bottom of my heart, for being the cause of her being stranded in the UK at the moment. Also tell her that I do not know how me wearing a mask from tomorrow on is going to improve her lot.

You refer to me being an obtuse person. The last time I heard that was in high school while doing geometry.

Running away from water cannons ? I've never been near one.

You talk about a wanna be activist.

During the last 6 months I have on more than 30 occasions told Xolani to pack up the tools and let's go, when told to wear a mask while on site while the domestic, all the children and the "madam" are maskless.

We leave site. Period.

More than 50% of the time I get called and begged to finish what we started. I go back on my terms. That is what I call being an activist. We then become friends and more people's eyes are opened. That's how you do it. One person at a time.

You will remember that this post was started when I was refused having my tank filled for not wearing a mask. I didn't just put on a mask to comply. I told him what to do with the petrol hose. That is activism.

I also told the owner of Pick n Pay to shove hi's store where the sun doesn't shine. That is activism.

What have you done? Nothing. Because you have been brainwashed. I really and truly feel for you.

I'm really sorry that I work on your nerves.

Please accept my humble apologies. I have already been accused of being the cause of your wife being stranded and would really not like to be the cause of you also having a nervous breakdown. I would then be the cause of the whole demise of your family. I really don't want that, so once again, I sincerely apologize for working on your nerves. ( Keep those Calmetts handy, brother )

Please don't send me more lollipops as I am diabetic and they really are bad for me.

It has been said that when debating a certain subject then look at all the angles.

By refusing to look at something offered by the opposing debater you are only proving that you have lost the debate. Makes me think of a certain religious group, but we will leave it there.

Peace out, my brother. I still love you.

Derek.
    Last edited by Derlyn; 10-Apr-21 at 10:19 PM.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    LoL - Performative Activism at its best!

By refusing to look at something offered by the opposing debater you are only proving that you have lost the debate.
    Here is an analogy that you might get: If you tell me to take TIK to share your experience I would not do so because I know that it is garbage - likewise - I know that your conspiracy theory videos and stuff are garbage so I don't have to waste my time on it.

There is a technical term that perfectly describes the previous post - "The signal to noise ratio is rather poor" - You know, lots of static but no real music!

Thanks
    You talk about TIK quite a lot in your posts. Watch out for that stuff, my brother. It's like anything else. Too much is no good for you.
    Toodledoo.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Blurock

I tried to take up your challenge, but I couldn't even get in at the gate outside.

The " sissies " at the gate wouldn't let me in without a mask.

Peace out .. Derek

Regarding the 70 000 infections in Brazil .... Do you know whether those infected were mask wearers or not ?
    I doubt if that is true. You could enter with a mask and then take it off once inside. Anyway, the statistics cannot be refuted. Students attended a rave in Umhlanga with no masks and it turned into a super spreader. Lockdowns were lifted and people started partying and covid cases multiply. This happens all over the world with authorities battling to get this into the minds of people who are just to stupid or stubborn to accept that this is not just a common cold, but a deadly virus that has serious adverse affects, even if you don't die from it.

I am also against a hard lockdown and all its negative effects. I am also against the government's disregard for the rights of citizens, but let common sense prevail and at least respect the right of your neighbours and community not to be infected. I have to admit I sometimes forget to wear my mask, it is an inconvenience, but at least I try to abide by the rules and respect the views of the people around me.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What I did notice last winter, was that there were far less cases of the common flu, could it have been the influence of masks and hand cleaning?
    Winter is on its way, lets see if it is the same this year.
    What the pandemic has created is a much cleaner environment that we tend to live in. I have never seen shopping trolleys so clean.

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-flu-levels-idUSKBN29R2AU
    Unlike previous years, where flu activity would drop in summer and then rise again winter, in 2020 it has remained consistently low since April.
    This has caused some users to believe that cases of the flu are being mislabeled as COVID-19, leaving comments like: “That’s because they’ve used flu numbers and turned them into covid” and “flu eradicated or covid is flu rebranded ?”.
    However, there is a reasonable explanation for why flu activity has remained low during the pandemic.
    “Influenza and Corona viruses infect the lungs following inhalation of environmental droplets”, Tracy Hussell, Professor of Inflammatory Disease at Manchester University, told Reuters via email.
    “Since they use a similar transmission route, the measures currently being taken to slow the development of severe COVID-19 disease (social distancing and mask wearing) are likely responsible for the reduction in influenza virus infection in the current 2020/2021 season”.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

9. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (11-Apr-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    "Students attended a rave in Umhlanga with no masks and it turned into a super spreader."

Do you believe if they were wearing masks ... it wouldnt have turned into a super spreader ?

I decided to take a walk on the beach this morning ... one thing did stand out and it wasnt people wearing masks ... both the officers in the police car were wearing masks ... however there was no enforcement of mask wearing ... the offerders out numbered the mask wears at least 10-1.

I would be interested to see how many people would actually wear a mask in a shopping centre if it wasnt enforced.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    "Students attended a rave in Umhlanga with no masks and it turned into a super spreader."

Do you believe if they were wearing masks ... it wouldnt have turned into a super spreader ?

I decided to take a walk on the beach this morning ... one thing did stand out and it wasnt people wearing masks ... both the officers in the police car were wearing masks ... however there was no enforcement of mask wearing ... the offerders out numbered the mask wears at least 10-1.

I would be interested to see how many people would actually wear a mask in a shopping centre if it wasnt enforced.
    Ian

People are starting to wake up.
    Never before in the history of the world has a healthy person ( the new word is asymptomatic ) infected another healthy ( asymptomatic ) person with a respiratory disease.

Mask use

There are many studies that show that masking is not effective in preventing infection transmission, except possibly in settings where there are sick individuals (35, 36, 37, 38, 39). A recent document published by the WHO – in December 2020 – states that there is very inconsistent evidence proving the effectiveness of mask-wearing in the community for the prevention of respiratory virus infections, including COVID-19 (40). When we compare the epidemic curves in places with and without mask mandates, the curves look similar. In fact, we observe a higher number of infections per 100,000 of the population in places with mask mandates (41).

The most important argument against the compulsory use of masks is simply the lack of evidence that anyone without symptoms walking around the community will be a contagious person. In public health management, sometimes it is appropriate to impose a certain measure upon an individual, for the common good, when there is evidence that the individual represents a major risk to the rest of the population. It is not acceptable, however, to restrict or impose a behavior on individuals without evidence that the individual represents a significant risk to the community, and that this measure will not harm the individual. It is very unlikely that an asymptomatic person is infectious. Therefore, it is unjustified to require everyone to wear a mask in the community, even if masks have shown some benefit when worn by individuals with symptoms. This argument becomes even stronger when we take the potential adverse effects of masks into consideration. These include symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath and other problems including psychological impact, acne, respiratory infections and dental problems (42, 43, 44, 45).

The full article including the studies etc can be read here:

https://www.pandata.org/a-critical-a...ovid-response/

Soon, the only one's who are gonna stand out in the crowd are mask wearers.

So, I did not take the decision not to wear a mask lightly.
    I knew there were going to be disadvantages. We had to find grocery outlets that would allow us in without masks. Done.
    We had to find a butcher that was not fazed. Done.
    The electrical wholesaler takes my order by phone, delivers the invoice and card machine to me in the parking lot and then delivers the goods to my car. They look after their good, cash paying clients.

So, it is possible.

I did not take this decision lightly. I certainly did not take this decision to stand out in the crowd or because I think I'm better than anyone else. I also did not take this decision because I have an " f everyone else " attitude as the lollipop man ( chop ) would want you to believe. I also don't go around spitting on other people 24/7. Never have. Why would I do it now ?

I made an INFORMED DECISION after reading everything at my disposal. If I'm not sick, I cannot make anyone else sick, mask or no mask.

Better stop now before I get more lollipops coming my way. ..

Peace out ... Derek

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast