Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Denied petrol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I guess this is round 2 or 3 or 4 not sure...

Right, @ Derlyn...

What is your goal in all of this?

What function does this serve?

What are your intentions?

Why take the risk?

See a lot of "experts" say a lot of thing and yes everyone and their pet rock has a argument and conclusion.

Right now i wonder, do you just want attention? I honestly don't know... Me, i think i will use my mask. I will not consume food in public areas. And while in my car i will keep it clean. Why? Because i like a clean car even before all this my car looks like i got it yesterday. So i don't eat in my car. So for me to use my mask while driving is not a problem at all. So for the life of me, i cannot understand what the real problem is. You don't want to use a mask. That is a "you" problem and the law is clear on it as well that a mask is mandatory. The law is there to protect us. That is why we have them, to protect people. So you do you. I honestly cannot be bothered to debate you, because there is no debate.

So i will see you and the rest of all of you in 2022 maybe later. All the best to all of you and be safe, be responsible and take care.

Cheers.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    A timeline of Derek Draper's coronavirus battle

MARCH 2020

Kate Garraway revealed she and Prince Charles had got 'relatively close' at the Prince's Trust Awards on March 11 - Charles was diagnosed with coronavirus in mid-March.

She said: 'Around the 29/30 March, I came home came in and said [to Derek] 'god you look ill.'

'He said he had a headache, numbness in his right hand, and was struggling to breathe,

'I rang Dr Hilary (Jones) and tried to get through, he talked to Derek. He said put me back on, I think you need to call an ambulance'

Derek, 52, was taken into hospital on March 30 and remained in an unresponsive condition.

APRIL

Kate and her children isolated at home after she displayed 'mild symptoms'.

Kate said: 'Derek remains in intensive care and is still very ill. I'm afraid it remains an excruciatingly worrying time.

'I'm afraid he is still in a deeply critical condition, but he is still here, which means there is hope.'

MAY

Kate said: 'The journey for me and my family seems to be far from over as every day my heart sinks as I learn new and devastating ways this virus has more battles for Derek to fight.

'But he is still HERE & so there is still hope.'

That month, Kate and her family took part in the final clap for carers

She said: 'I'll never give up on that because Derek's the love of my life but at the same time I have absolute uncertainty'

JUNE

On June 5, Kate revealed Derek is now free from coronavirus but continues to fight against the damage inflicted on his body

JULY

On July 5, Kate revealed Derek has woken from his coma but he remains in a serious yet critical condition.

On July 8, she announced she would be returning to GMB, after being urged by doctors to 'get on with life' during Derek's recovery.

She added that Derek had 'opened his eyes' after waking from his coma, but has been told his recovery could take years.

On July 13, Kate returned to GMB for the first time since Derek was hospitalised.

On July 28, Kate revealed she'd paid an 'extra emotional' first visit to Derek, and admitted she's 'frustrated' by his slow progress.

AUGUST

On August 14, Kate reassured GMB viewers that Derek was 'still with us,' but it was 'a waiting game.'

On August 19, Kate revealed she celebrated Derek's birthday with their two children, and described the day as 'challenging' for her family.

SEPTEMBER

At the end of September, Derek reportedly becomes the longest surviving patient with coronavirus after spending 184 days in and out of intensive care.

Kate reveals Derek has lost eight stone during his battle.

The presenter announces she is returning to her Smooth Radio show so Derek can hear her voice.

OCTOBER

On October 30 Kate reveals that Derek has spoken for the first time in seven months, saying the word 'pain' to his wife, who watched on 'in tears' over FaceTime.

Kate says a day later that her husband no longer needs a ventilator to breathe.

NOVEMBER

Kate reveals her family car has been stolen in latest 'body blow' to her family life, as kind-hearted fans offer their cars to help.

She says she feels 'physically sick' at the prospect of facing her first Christmas without Derek.

DECEMBER 2020

The GMB star tells viewers it is her dream to visit Derek on Christmas Day.

She also reveals she missed two weeks on GMB after her children were exposed to the virus, but thankfully she and the kids tested negative.

On December 17, Kate has an emotional conversation live on GMB with two nurses who treated Derek when he was first admitted to Whittington Hospital in North London.

On New Year's Eve she reflects on a 'calamitous' Christmas without Derek, as her house was flooded and she struggled to get a food delivery slot until her pal Emma Willis stepped in to help.

JANUARY 2021

Kate reveals she and her children got to visit Derek in hospital over the Christmas period, and it was the first time her family had seen him since he was hospitalised.

She also says she's banned from seeing him due to new restrictions introduced during the government's third lockdown.

FEBRUARY 2021

Kate reveals she is unsure how much Derek will 'ever be able to recover' following warning from doctors that he may never wake from his coma

Derek has now woken from the coma and has been discharged. He can can't speak, can barely move and receives 24 hour assistance and care.

For some wearing a mask is an impossible "discomfort".

I wonder how Derek feels about that.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (10-Apr-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Mark decided to do the "right thing" not go to the office and instead work from home ... wear a mask while out in public and rather stay away from crowded areas ... wipe his parcels as he gets home ... change out of his clothes and shower when he got home ... he died 3 weeks ago.

Graham ... has been working from home since lockdown ... stays away from crowded areas ... washing his hands all the time ... always wears a mask in public ... was man down for 21 days almost died.

Peter ... wears a mask all the time ... washes his hands and stays away form public places ... was ICU for 3 days ... almost died.

I am an old fat ballie ...regarded as a high risk ... I have been working since the lockdowwn started ... exposed to crowded spaces ... work in close proximity to other team members all day ... in and out of shopping centres ... factories ... wholesalers ... signing covid registers with the same pen 100s of other people have been using ... collecting parcels which have been around the conuntry ... signing invoices and delivery notes ... picking up and putting down objects other people have touched ... touch my face ... especially my eyes ... a lot ... only wear a mask when I am forced to ... which is not that often ... its a miracle that I am not dead yet ... or maybe as some have mentioned ... it could have something to do with my dirty hands.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Andromeda (09-Apr-21)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Or luck.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Or luck.

Luck is when you are riding down the freeway ... you hit a patch of something ... go into a 2 wheel drift ... slide all 4 lanes of the freeway ...as you hit the orange line the bike corrects and you continue as if nothing happened

A good friend of mine ... got married to her school sweat heart ... never smoked ... drank ...took drugs ... went to church every Sunday and worked her way up to a management position in the bank ... got cancer at 30 ... and died 2 years later.

I go see the doctor because I am told it is not good let my heart rate go over 200 bpm ... becuase I am geting on in life ... my doctor tells me if I can still get my heart rate up to 200 at my age ... i must keep at it ... a friend decided to start cycling inspired by my achivements ... he died of a heart attack after 3 ride beachfront cruises.

What are they unlucky?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My wife has been stuck in the UK for 14 months now and it doesn't look like travel will return to any semblance of normal in the next 4 months. Her brother in law works in the ER in a UK hospital and she is a live-in carer looking after 90 year olds.

To all those who refuse to wear masks - YOU ARE THE REASON WHY MY WIFE IS STUCK IN THE UK!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    My wife has been stuck in the UK for 14 months now and it doesn't look like travel will return to any semblance of normal in the next 4 months. Her brother in law works in the ER in a UK hospital and she is a live-in carer looking after 90 year olds.

To all those who refuse to wear masks - YOU ARE THE REASON WHY MY WIFE IS STUCK IN THE UK!
    I dont believe the masks are the problem.

I dont know if you have noticed ... how relaxed everyone has become about the virus in SA.

The chin guard is a joke ... kids standing in a long line ... in the pouring rain outside schools waiting to get temp scanned and imagine that ... let me stop right here ... time for dop.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I've said this before - The "but what about those others" argument does not stand.

One cannot say: I break the rules and it is OK because I do it but the rules that "those others" break are the REAL problem.

If people simply did what was asked of them from the outset then the virus would not have spread the way that it did. One person on a plane that has the virus and does not wear a mask has a far greater PROBABILITY of infecting others. This is not rocket science - we don't use each others tooth brushes for a reason, we do wear each others dirty underwear for a reason, a dentist wears a mask when he digs around in your mouth for a reason.

Why is this stuff so difficult to explain to adults - I suppose it is because some adults feel that it is their God given right to do whatever the F they want with no regard for others simply because they are obtuse. The reason they are obtuse is because they do not see the consequences of their actions. You won't drive on the wrong side of the highway because you know you will get killed but you don't want to wear a mask because the result of your actions is invisible to you - This is the exact same reason why people smoke - they are unable to connect their actions in the present to possible consequences in the future.

The thing that I find most interesting about this anti-mask nonsense is that is is a specific type of person that chooses to be obtuse - It is not the extremely wealthy person - they know how to look after themselves, it is not the ultra poor person - they do what they are told - it is a group of people right in the middle who like to BANDWAGON bullcrap causes to show others that they are part of the "little bit" hardass group. They wont stick their necks out very far for their cause - they are the so-called "Karens" of the world - the ones who rant and rave just enough to annoy people but not enough to get a baseball bat to the ear. The world is filled with people like this - they are the ones who walk around town without masks flaunting their indifference....yet they have a mask in their pocket in case a cop decides to arrest them or a shop bouncer decides to toss them out on the street.

The point I am trying to make is this: if you want to be difficult then go in balls to the wall - tell the whole world to get f...d and drive on the wrong side of the road - go everywhere without a mask and face the consequences. This is far better than being a "performative activist" The entire planet is sick and tired of the performative activist "Karens" of the world. Stand 100% for your right to be obtuse or stop wasting time "just being annoying enough" not to have to face serious consequences.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @Derlyn, you obviously have a right to your opinion, but I now challenge you to put your money where your mouth is.
    Go to a Covid ward without a mask. Spend some time there, at least an hour or two.
    Talk to the victims and ask them about their experience and how they feel about wearing a mask.
    Then come back and tell us about your experience.

You should not be afraid to catch the virus from the hospitalised people because its just a sham. Like Jair Bolsonaro, president of Brazil said; don't be "sissies" everyone dies sometime. In a country where more than 70 000 infections was recorded in one day and cemeteries have no more capacity.

So, don't be a "sissy", take up the challenge and show us how immune you are.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blurock

I tried to take up your challenge, but I couldn't even get in at the gate outside.

The " sissies " at the gate wouldn't let me in without a mask.

Peace out .. Derek

Regarding the 70 000 infections in Brazil .... Do you know whether those infected were mask wearers or not ?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast