Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Denied petrol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Watch out, Ian.

Not too long and you also gonna be labelled a conspiricy theorist, a lunatic, child etc. 😆😆😆😆
    The resolve is simple, Take your masks gloves and all the PPE you need and go to the hospital. If they let you in and that is a BIG IF! Talk to the staff take the time to know the situation. Go see first hand with what they are dealing with and hear the concerns they have. I doubt they will allow you to get close but that is for your own safety.

In the end of the day Derek, this is a way for you to hammer on a sensitive subject, to get a easy response on people's raw emotions and more to the point provoke people who are truly hurting. But I digress.

Take the situation seriously, protect yourselves at all times and remember the laws are here to protect us. The preventative steps we take are essential so are the laws that protect us.

All this said, i will be going for a while. I got real work to do and and since this "Thread" is factually messing with my calm, i will be blocking the website for a little while. That way you cannot provoke me anymore.

So i guess you can call it a win? Showed me that you are indeed the boss and whatever else it is that you ego need, give yourself whatever title you wish to assign yourself. Perhaps give yourself that pat on the back maybe? Or give yourself some other expression of approval or congratulations. Whatever it is you do.

Me, i got work to do. Time to get to it.

Cheers.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    The resolve is simple, Take your masks gloves and all the PPE you need and go to the hospital. If they let you in and that is a BIG IF! Talk to the staff take the time to know the situation. Go see first hand with what they are dealing with and hear the concerns they have. I doubt they will allow you to get close but that is for your own safety.

In the end of the day Derek, this is a way for you to hammer on a sensitive subject, to get a easy response on people's raw emotions and more to the point provoke people who are truly hurting. But I digress.

Take the situation seriously, protect yourselves at all times and remember the laws are here to protect us. The preventative steps we take are essential so are the laws that protect us.

All this said, i will be going for a while. I got real work to do and and since this "Thread" is factually messing with my calm, i will be blocking the website for a little while. That way you cannot provoke me anymore.

So i guess you can call it a win? Showed me that you are indeed the boss and whatever else it is that you ego need, give yourself whatever title you wish to assign yourself. Perhaps give yourself that pat on the back maybe? Or give yourself some other expression of approval or congratulations. Whatever it is you do.

Me, i got work to do. Time to get to it.

Cheers.
    I dont understand why people get so worked up ... there is block facility on social media platforms ... its simple you block the person and move on ... or just dont open the thread ... if it is all the people on the platform who are pi$$ing you off them take a break and come back in a few weeks ... months or years time.

We are all different in our own strange way ... the beuty about social media ... you can move into spaces where you fit and can express yourself ... you control the content you view and the people you want to follow or block.

For example I have no interest in accounting ... so I dont even open the threads ... I have no idea what is discussed in those threads ... you will notice the same people responding to the threads ... either because thay have an interest in the topic or a question or an answer to help someone.

There are moderators who have a responsibilty to keep the content clean and manage threads which get out of hand ... they can lock or delete content ... there is also a PM facility which can be used to communicate with members ... a moderator can step in an request a member be a little more considerate.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    There are moderators who have a responsibilty to keep the content clean and manage threads which get out of hand ... they can lock or delete content ... there is also a PM facility which can be used to communicate with members ... a moderator can step in an request a member be a little more considerate.
    Just for the record, this moderator is proceeding on the basis that the participants in this thread so far are grown-ups with loads of social media experience.
    Views and counter views are well represented, so the engagement is not one-sided either.

The only thing that would be helpful would be if there was less "playing the man" and more focus on the topic(s). But in my view "playing the man" never reflects too well on the posters that engage in it anyway. Easy for me to say as an analytical, I guess...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Just for the record, this moderator is proceeding on the basis that the participants in this thread so far are grown-ups with loads of social media experience.
    Views and counter views are well represented, so the engagement is not one-sided either.

The only thing that would be helpful would be if there was less "playing the man" and more focus on the topic(s). But in my view "playing the man" never reflects too well on the posters that engage in it anyway. Easy for me to say as an analytical, I guess...
    This is a terribly difficult situation. Thousands have lost thousands so emotions is a key factor here. Simply put, for those that did touch face with this pandemic and have gone trough the ordeal will have a emotionally invested point of view. But at this point i digress. I am not going to wish ill on anyone, i am not going to partake in this discussion anymore. I rather just go away for a while and let the situation sort itself out.

Yes i could have clicked away, but the fact of the matter is this situation has a high degree of danger to it. Thus i felt obligated to spell it out as best i can. This pandemic is real, this pandemic is dangerous, the regulations and requirements are there to protect us. Because prevention is truly important. But at this point once again i digress.

In another post someone, mentioned the blocking system and i totally forgot about it. Basically used it immediately.

So as it stand i will leave things be.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    In the real world people who constantly go into social groups and provoke others with their continual childish rants get a slap on the ear and thrown out the door. In the social media world we are forced to allow them to continually shoot their mouths off whilst looking the other way (Blocking)

So be it!

6. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (03-May-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    At least I have good news ... test results are negative ... it is just the flu ... better safe than sorry ... back to work from tomorrow.

Apparently the clinic is full again today and doesnt have facilities to test for covid ... so he was moved to a hospital and tested.

He is feeling better and just has a sore throat.

This is a sensitive subject and maybe its time to move forward.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

8. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (03-May-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I dont understand why people get so worked up ... there is block facility on social media platforms ... its simple you block the person and move on ...
    The thing that you need to understand is this: When people continually run their mouths with no regard for anybody else then all that happens is that good people leave permanently. I belong to many Facebook groups and the same thing happens over and over again - one or two people are continually obtuse and the rest just leave because the "mouths" sour the group.

Reddit is a case in point and the problem is much worse there - The "circleJerkers" - the ones who back one another up with their views downvote all other views until those views no longer show up at all. The "CircleJerkers" then again think that they are right because they downvoted all other views.

The other side of the argument is that we have freedom of speech (within reason of course) and if people choose to be obtuse all the time then that is their right. The rest of the world can then choose to ignore everything they have to say. This is unfortunate because they have really great input on other topics!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    The thing that you need to understand is this: When people continually run their mouths with no regard for anybody else then all that happens is that good people leave permanently. I belong to many Facebook groups and the same thing happens over and over again - one or two people are continually obtuse and the rest just leave because the "mouths" sour the group.

Reddit is a case in point and the problem is much worse there - The "circleJerkers" - the ones who back one another up with their views downvote all other views until those views no longer show up at all. The "CircleJerkers" then again think that they are right because they downvoted all other views.

The other side of the argument is that we have freedom of speech (within reason of course) and if people choose to be obtuse all the time then that is their right. The rest of the world can then choose to ignore everything they have to say. This is unfortunate because they have really great input on other topics!
    @ Adrian

The thing that YOU need to understand is that using the F word chases people away. Implying it is the same as using it. You should have been banned long ago for using vulgar language. SIES.

Insulting someone when you differ with their point of view also chases people away. It doesn't work with me though because I'm an adult with a thick skin. It's like water off a duck's back.

Anyway, even although you have sworn at me, insulted me many times , I do believe that you might change the way you interact with fellow brothers.

Google " Debating for Dummies". You might pick up one or two handy points to ponder.

I still love you, my brother.

Cheers and peace out ... Derek

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have no interest whatsoever in what you have to say and I have nothing to say to you.

Please refrain from addressing me!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post

Please refrain from addressing me!
    Your request is granted.

Could I then request that you refrain from responding to any of my posts ?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast