Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Denied petrol

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I will respond to any post to anything I feel like.

GET OUT OF MY FACE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I will respond to any post to anything I feel like.

GET OUT OF MY FACE!
    Goodnight, brother.

Sweet dreams.

Peace out ... Derek

PS Sorry if I'm in your face. Just ignore it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @tec0 - Don't waste your energy on this!

This nonsense is no different to the rules related to kiddy seats in cars. To this day some people insist on their "right" NOT TO strap little kids into car seats because the law infringes on their "right" to to whatever the F they want - even when their inaction has the potential to kill innocents.

The law can't protect people from their own stupidity and by the looks of it nothing can protect innocent people from the stupidity of others!

5. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (06-May-21)

Thanks
    Don't suppose the self confessed speedsters with bags full of fines pose any danger to anybody.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @tec0 - Look at these stats - makes for interesting reading.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona.../south-africa/

8. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (06-May-21)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    @tec0 - Don't waste your energy on this!

This nonsense is no different to the rules related to kiddy seats in cars. To this day some people insist on their "right" NOT TO strap little kids into car seats because the law infringes on their "right" to to whatever the F they want - even when their inaction has the potential to kill innocents.

The law can't protect people from their own stupidity and by the looks of it nothing can protect innocent people from the stupidity of others!
    I probibly rewrote that post that was to go with those links a few times. Was about the occupational health and safety act why it is important for both employee and employer. All that stuff.

Here is the thing, I use to do work on a lot of industrial sites. See the moment people stop following the rules, the worst happens. People die in terrible horrible ways. But as you say you get the special few that believe they are above the law and beyond approach. The nice thing of being on a work place if contractors doesn't follow the rules there work is stopped there permits gets taken away and they are removed from the premises. See in the past a lot of lives was lost to situations that could have been avoided. This is why safety is so strict.

Now i am not sure if the person that started this post is working for someone or for himself. I am not sure who the client/employer is.

This is what we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Well, I suppose it had to happen sooner rather than later .....

So there I was at a Caltex in Beacon Bay alone in my car wanting to top up with R400 petrol.

I was denied service unless I donned a face nappy.
    I politely told the attendant what he could do with the petrol hose, drove half a kilometer further and topped up at Total, no problem.

Caltex have now joined my list of businesses to be avoided in future for treating their clients like infants.
    Pick n Pay heads that list for trying to force me to push a trolley whilst buying a loaf of bread.
    Coca Cola has also recently been added to the list.

Would it have been easier just to put on the nappy and get served ? ..... Yes.
    Would it have been the right thing to do ? .... In my opinion, no.

The sooner we ALL call out the bull@#$# for what it is, the better for us all.

Peace out ... Derek
    Not sure what he expected but the "Caltex in Beacon Bay" did the right thing here.

See if i was asked to work with someone that does not want to use PPE i report them and have them removed from site. When a contractor came to my home to do some work, he used his PPE. He did a great job i was very happy to pay him and when he left i had all the papers i needed and he had full payment. This is great. But when a contractor set foot in my home without the correct PPE, i ask them to leave. Why? Because i am responsible, it is still my property. I have done this even before the pandemic. If something happens i can get into a bad situation so i rather just avoid it outright.

It is all about accountability/liability and as many many contractors found out over the years it is better to follow the laws, rules and regulations then to go against it.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I live in Cape Town and I'm yet to see anybody be obtuse about the whole mask wearing thing. People just don the mask and get on with their lives. I am yet to see anybody locally throw a tantrum about masks. We work from home so I get quite a number of visitors / customers / collections and courier companies coming by. Of course my two daughters and I also get Mr Delivery kinda food delivery quite often too - NOT ONCE have any of those people rocked up here without a mask and we always wear masks in the in their presence (inside or outside the house)

- maybe its a Cape Town thing - We just can't be bothered to be obtuse about such things.

11. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (06-May-21)

Thanks
    Circle jerkers doing their thing.
    Last edited by Derlyn; 06-May-21 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks
    @ tec0

You must really be desperate.

When you post with a quote, at least have the decency not to alter the post to suite your agenda.

Nowhere in my original post was any one letter or sentence in bold text. That was added by you. Pathetic.

And if you must know ...... I am the boss. I decide if I want to work. I decide when I want to work. I decide who I want to work for. I decide how much to charge. I decide everything, and I ain't short of clients. Hope that puts your mind at ease, seeing that you are so curious as to who the boss is.

I do not work on industrial sites. Period. I have turned down major contracts with Daimler Chrysler and Portnet.
    Now you obviously want to know why. Let me once again put your mind at ease.

Quite simple actually. I do not need the "kroon" and I do not wear safety boots or a hard hat. I am your worst nightmare.

My existing clients are very happy with the service I provide. They are more worried about the quality of my work than what I wear.
    Heaven forbid. In summer we even take off our shirts and catch a tan while working. This is the Eastern Cape, my brother. Why do you think we live here ?

Life is a bundle of cherries on my side, brother.

Dave, as the originator of this thread, I humbly request that it is now blocked.
    I think I've made my point.

Thank you kindly

Peace out ... Derek

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast