Thread: Teledialkom

Thanks

Exclamation Teledialkom

Hi all, I just want to warn people about a scam company called Teledialkom, they phone your business stating they are calling from Telkom to update your company details in the White Pages and then send you a form to sign for updating the details for the directory, when you enquire about the cost the person says it is just an update and it is free of charge. Once you send the updated details they then send you an invoice for the amount of R10 000. I then googled the company and I saw there are numerous posts about them on Hellopeter.com the MO is the same with everyone. We have fallen pray to them but fortunately have not and will not pay them. They all use @telkomsa.net emails and in doing this seem more legit as working for Telkom, they have no affiliation with Telkom whatsoever.

I am so sick of people trying to scam others.

Thanks
    There is another company that are associated with TELKOM and they are also a bunch of scumsuckers - They are called TRUDON - and they run the white and yellow pages.
    “Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Thanks
    Is there no association or something where these guys can be reported to perhaps, that will actually do something about them? It seems their company was registered in 2019, but that is all I could find, the "contact number" just rings and then beeps, no answer or anything, they use the free Telkom emails so no domain to check, they have not filed any annual returns with SARS yet they include VAT on their invoice and the VAT number on the invoice does not exist according to SARS.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadz View Post
    Is there no association or something where these guys can be reported to perhaps, that will actually do something about them? It seems their company was registered in 2019, but that is all I could find, the "contact number" just rings and then beeps, no answer or anything, they use the free Telkom emails so no domain to check, they have not filed any annual returns with SARS yet they include VAT on their invoice and the VAT number on the invoice does not exist according to SARS.
    This is South Africa.....lets just say that those who you might report them to are just as bad....
    “Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Thanks
    Thanked 2,599 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadz View Post
    ... yet they include VAT on their invoice and the VAT number on the invoice does not exist according to SARS.
    Forward the invoice to SARS...