Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ictel

Email problem
    Thanks

Post Data cost will vary depending on cellphone network used

Hey wiec

Good work on determining the data cost... for your usage on your network.

I believe it differs quite a bit between cellphone networks in SA.

I would love to be able to provide my data cost, but in reality it is nothing at all when calling a iCTel number.
    The quality of the call was brilliant on my side (both from my computers at home and from my mobile/cellphone, maybe reception plays a role (or heaven forbid, the cellphone network shape the data...)

This is because I am on a £7.50 add-on on my mobile phone contract (I'm in London for the next year or so...) which gives me unlimited data usage from my mobile phone (fair usage applies) when out and about.

At Home I either use the X-Lite software (configured with icTel service) on my iMac or the X-Lite or iCTel softphone on my Dell laptops.

If you have a wifi enabled cellphone
    you could connect through your work wireless internet and basically only pay for the ictel-to-landline/cellphone minutes. (I should just go out and get one really..)

Seems iCTel with the iCSpots would like to setup something similar to the BT Openzone Cloud here in London

If iCTel succeeds in this then a proposed R79 isn't too bad at all if you can find and use these spots to call from when in need. (possibly only VOIP data traffic will be allowed through these iCspots or maybe not...)

R5 for the SMS (that is a bit high isn't it), I still have my Fring, configured with iCTel service settings as you can't SMS to these 5 digit numbers between countries...

Thanks for the info Wiec!
    Last edited by Dave A; 01-Aug-08 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks

This is my conversation between them (their names have been deleted, not important)

Tue, Jul 29 2008 3:06pm
    Hi
    I made a call to a mobile phone last week and the cost came to R1-90/minute, can you please help me to understand how this works and what the call cost is, because your website said R1-40 + 2c for the internet provider?

No news yet on the Htc touch phones?

Thanks
    Thu, Jul 31 2008 12:26pm
    It is this kind of behaviour that not only makes myself to think that something is not right.....PLEASE ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY WERE MY CALLS SO EXPENSIVE
    Mon, Aug 4 2008 12:04pm -
    What were the dates that you made the expensive calls on? (R1.90) I want to check in on it and give you credit for them. (airtime credit)
    Mon, Aug 4 2008 12:45pm
    22/7 and 23/7

1 was R2-04 and the other 2 R1-94

Don't know why I have to check!!!!!

that mean 1000s have paid the same, but because they didn't check, they got over charged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A WAY TO DO BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mon, Aug 4 2008 4:31pm -
    I am pleased to tell you that I have credit your account with R14.80 I hope everything is in order. I just want to thank you for pointing out the human mistake that was made and I hope that you have a lovely day!
    Mon, Aug 4 2008 8:10pm
    Can you please tell me what kind of assurance do I have that that will not happen again!!
    and that it didn't happen to other people!!!

any news on the htc touch phone

Thank and enjoy ur day!
    Tue, Aug 5 2008 11:46am -
    We can try our best not to let this happen again and we do rely on the public to help us in such a matter but we are looking carefully to it not happening, please accept our apologies.
    The htc and other phones will be compatible not later then the end of this week, our people are working very hard to make it work.
    Thank you for your patients!

CHECK YOUR BILLS MONTHLY!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Human error on what I would expect to be automated billing?
    Are call values calculated manually?

Email problem
    Thanks

Cool Definately not manual billing...

I've implemented a similar VOIP system before just for internal use (without the SIP external calling configuration options) and can assure you that it is not manual billing...

That would not make sense.. obviously... the only manual part is the initial and ongoing configuration and the database management. (which will always be prone to human mistakes...)

It might be that what is meant by human error is possibly:

1) someone has coded the database entry incorrectly (in a lookup table for the specific area price) (human error),

2) a configurations file was changed to be incorrect (human error),

3) the webservice used between the different clusters or callback service to provide the SIP service had a error (human error for not spotting it earlier)

Good thing about the refund though...
    too bad they can't refund your frustration... (shouting/typing in CAPITALS letters could grossly affect your mood)

If you guys are really interested how VOIP it work (or how to setup a Asterix gateway), which is a lot tougher that you might think...Best left to the ISP's...
    checkout: http://revision3.com/systm/asterisk/

It seems that you guys at least are getting responses from iCTel,

much better customer service than the www.southafricahouse.com !!!-

who didn't even know they passport application system was down for three weeks... I had to play private detective to finally get the developers private number and call him up... just a silly domain-name mistake... hardcoded... eisch...
    but now they aren't even answering emails / faxes or telephones anymore.... and its the 4th most visited website by South Africans... (there's my rant for the day)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This has got to be the second time this week I've proved too subtle. I passed a crack about a particular web bot on vB.com the other day and it just flew right over their heads.

I thought a bot crawling the same thread 45 000 times over 30 days was obviously a bit extreme, but they reckoned their bot was just "precocious."

Maybe I need to get into rant mode a bit more often.
    Last edited by Dave A; 12-Aug-08 at 06:40 AM.

Thanks

GOOD NEWS!!!

I am very hapy to report that it looks like things are finally on tract!!!!!

I made a phone call to a friend in canada, the sound on both sides were perfect, and I am really happy to confirm that this is why I joined ictel right in the beginning.....to get this kind of charges......

I am really pleased and trust that things will stay like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi, I have registerd with iCTel, and can make calls from my mobile as well as my PC, and the cost that I work out is exactely as they sad, iCTel to Telkom 0,50c/second billing and iCTel to mobile R 1,40c/second billing.

I have also phoned to other iCTel users and depending on your data package the cost I have a data bundle of 500meg for R 189, that works out to 0,37c per meg and with iCtel it works out 0,0756c per minute of data to call
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	518  
    Last edited by oosie; 07-Oct-08 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
    Has anybody heard about ictel? Well if you decide to join my code is 4587 lol

It looks like a network marketing scheme of some sorts. But if this is for real, well... I think it is worth smiling about! If not, I can't see how you can loose!
    Ictel has new products. GSM calls to all networks @ 90c per min from this desktop wireless phone. 8 hrs talk time. No contract. Own the phone and have a set rate.

For more info go to www.icte.bigbig.com (Midrand Agency)

To join via sms (@R5) send message to 36384 no joining fees fro clients, but huge benefits!
    Reg#206

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234