Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ictel

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Maklei View Post
    I love giving you guys all the info- but PLEASE register under my referral number in return!!!
    John - please set up a signature for that sort of stuff.

Email problem
    Thanks

Thumbs up Configuring iCTel and getting it up and running

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    I'm registered at ictel for all most 2 months now and could not make 1 call but the test call.
    Hi Everyone.
    I saw that some of you guys have been having problems with calling with the iCTel service.

Luckily I'm quite *(Super) technical and have had experience with VOIP as well as MLM and entrepreneurial activity in the past so it only took me a hour or so to get up and running and start building my *potential Income Network.

I believe iCTel could make it a bit easier to use and apparently they are doing so by bringing out a SMS registration process soon...

I have iCTel service running using the ictel Desktop client:

but I prefer X-lite from Counterpath if I'm using iCTel from my PC/ Mac.

The Service is running on my (Quite old) Nokia:
    Looking forward to iCTel release of the Mobile phone software (Branded version of Fring which is pre-configured)

using these details (sniffed):

Another really interesting thing that iCTel seems to be doing is trying to launch public Wifi spots branded as iCSpots where users can connect using their Mobile phone (if it has wifi) or laptops...

This is similar to what a "The Cloud" is doing in London which is awesome. Enough said. It just all depends on the execution and quality of the service.

Business wise iCTel makes sense:
    • People are sick and tired of expensive telecom in SA.
    • The technology is there to be exploited, finally
    • The Demand is definitely there
    • VOIP is a hot topic, and everyone wants to make a success with MLM due to the amazing benefits it has above more traditional business opportunities.
    • Nothing to loose, if the service doesn't live up to the standards you cancel your subscription.

I have been using Skype for ages (even before it was called Skype...) but Fring with SIP (like iCTel) offers a lot more flexibility and compatibility, not even to mention hardware compatibility...basically Skype doesn't play well with others.

I have not had the opportunity to speak to anyone who has had a business iCSpot installation, but would be interested in seeing some pictures of the access points used.

I will put some more screenshots, instructions and video clips once I receive the iCTel Mobile software.

www.myiCTel.co.cc

Hope this helps a bit. its obviously in my interest if iCTel succeeds so that my downline can get motivated, tell their friends / colleagues and get some profit sharing going by paid subscriptions (either consumer or commerial subscriptions).

If you haven't joined for free yet, and would like to test the service for free until end of August 2008, you can use my reference ID: 11405 at www.ictel.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Lui, that looks interesting. Any chance you can look at those broken image paths, though?

Thanks

ictel

I think I was 1 of the first to join these people, and still can't make a call!
    yes, it looks like they try to get things going, but surely, should you be ready when you want to start ur business?
    growing pains should prevent ur clients from using ur product!
    I would love for one of you guys to phone me from your ictel number, I have it on my laptop and use 3g, but the echo is far worse than when u shout in the mountains and listen to ur own echos; as for the phone, well, I got a htc touch, but don't think I can use it, nope!!!

tried to phone my ictel number, doesn't work...so where does this all lead to?
    6 months have past, and still I'm not able to use it....and no, technology works the same for everybody, we don't have to understand it in order for it to work!!!

they gave 3 free months....what a joke, if I can't use the system

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Dave

I've tested my post from a few different machines and I can see the images in my post with no problem:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/Louis.Slabbert/...iCTel_call.JPG

Alternatively you can view the higher resolution image at:

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Wiec

I agree with you on the following points:

1) We shouldn't need to understand it in order for it to work

My understanding is that the iCTel technical team is implementing the SMS download process which allows you to type in your mobile number (+2782.....), receive a SMS and easily download the mobile client that is pre-configured with their VoiP service settings. This would make it possible for people with no knowledge of the technology or even computers to quickly get it up and running and call other ictel people or normal landlines and mobiles.

I also feel their documentation could be a lot better, that is why I started www.myictel.co.cc -> I had a lot of people asking how to set it up etc...

Feel free to follow my instructions for runninng it on X-lite software (which is a great VOIP client that works better than the ictel supplied client and it is free as well)

2) "growing pains should prevent ur clients from using ur product"
    There is a bit of a "Economies of scale" problem here, I believe they wanted to run the pre-launch simply to entice the market place, to see how viable their idea was. I read somewhere, I think on moneyweb comment that their website was unresponsive due to too much people trying to visit it... It seems that they have subsequently had to massively increase their IT infrastructure to accommodate the demand.

Now, regarding your tech problems:

HTC touch -> Yes it is compatible:
    http://www.ictel.co.za/content/view/49/151/

Echo ->
    On the computer:
    If you are hearing echo I strongly suggest you buy yourself a pair of cheap or expensive earphones, any earphones.
    I seen people shy away from any internet voice software for years until I let them try it with earphones on. Almost always completely kills the echo, oh yes, also ask the person on the other side to do the same. (nothing fancy needed)

Mobile phone :
    On the mobile phone you should not hear echo since your speaker is near your ear.
    You might get a short delay if you are calling international though.

--> Calling yourself?
    Quoting wiec:
    "tried to phone my ictel number, doesn't work."

To test this I presume you had two laptops or computers:

One logged in as the test account or another ictel number.
    The other logged in as your ictel number.

This should work.

I have had people call their own ictel number while logged in with that number.
    This would be the same as trying to call your landline number from your landline, which also won't work. (Thats just life I guess)

Hope it's helpful.Any other problems, please ask.

The iCTel support helpdesk has been quite reliable as well when it came to registering my number and my initial questions about airtime purchasing etc.

3) "what a joke, if I can't use the system":

Unfortunately this might turn out to be the case.
    People didn't have any thing to complain about while they were still in pre-launch (as they specifically said its just a pre-launch), but now that they have some software available, it was to be made really easy (without my intervention required) for the users to download to PC / Mobile phone, open and start calling.

If they do succeed in doing this I can see it growing bigger than mxit, and imagine the profit sharing that could occur then.

I would also like to see more profit sharing in the sales of the VOIP airtime that is coming through the company sip.voipstream.co.za (which is a supplier to iCTel)

Additionally I believe they could provide more info upfront about their home installations of iCSpots (which are home wifi-router configured with iCTel I understand)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Louis, it might be response time-out issue. I've tried a hard refresh and that didn't work. It was only when I pulled the image separately that I didn't time out - so it's there, it's just not initialising fast enough.

As external images, perhaps they are being hosted on a slow responding server?

Email problem
    Thanks

Thumbs up iCTel Cellphone software has now launched

Hi Guys (and girls)

I thought you would be interested as there were so many questions on this forum regarding the iCTel software and service.

The cellphone software has now been released:

If you are a member you can download directly from your phone (no computer required whohoo!) by visiting wap.ictel.co.za
    (imaging the impact this will make to people who don't have a computer)

Additionally they have introduces a few more services which you also don't need a computer for, or even a mobile phone for that matter.
    www.myictel.co.cc

Thanks

Ictel call cost not what they said!!!

Good day to all!!

Yes, it looks like Ictel is finally working through their problems, and I was able to make a couple of calls, (with some bad connection, but I believe it will improve)!

There is something things that bother me though;

I received a sms telling me that I need to send them a sms to get the info for my mobile phone, with r5 in brackets...now what does that mean....was it a mistake....maybe...however, the rest of the sms's I received was correct...R5... SO THAT i KNOW IT COST r5, (VERY EXPENSIVE); but now I have to continue, because I already sent the first and want the software!

My question; WHY DO THEY GO TO THESE KIND OF LENGTHS TO HIDE THEIR COST???

However, I let it be after not getting an answer at all from any of them!!!!!

A couple of days ago I decided to jeck my caal cost...if it is indeed R1-40 to a mobile with 2c/minute for my data!!!!

This is my findings;

AND I TRIED TO GET AN ANSWER FROM THEM, BUT I GUESS YOU KNOW WHAT THEIR RESPONDS WERE.....TOTAL SILENCE......

Just before I give you the cost.... I had a problem locking into this site, (and for the record; IT DOESN'T COST A CENT TO BE PART OF IT; The owners came back to me within an hour or so, sorted it out, and here I am!!!!! and all that for no money.....WHY THEN IF THE REST OF THE WORLD CAN GIVE A SERVICE TO THEIR CLIENTS, WHY NOT Ictel????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

AND THEY WANT OUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call on the 22/07/08 23 sec = 0.3833333 minutes; cost for the 23 sec = 0.7781; so the cost devided by the time; 0.7781/0.3833333 = R2-03 (YES, R2!!!!!! WAY OF THE R1-40).

Another call 144 sec = 2.4 min / cost R4.6687 = R1-95 (WAY OF THE R1-40)

Another call 1282 sec = 21.366666 min / cost R41-63 = R1-95 (WAY OFFFFFF!!!!)

I would love to know what the rest of you pay for your calls!!!!!!

WE BELIEVE TO EASILY!!!!

That being said, I hope they deliver on what they promised, because we need cheaper caals!!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I was very pleased to see you had got logged in here OK, Wiec.

Great to have you back and giving the scoop.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast