Thread: ECB or ECA or just keep winging it.

Diamond Member
    Thanks

ECB or ECA or just keep winging it.

Lets say I start a small electrical bussines and gonna need some form of backbone ... for help with labour issues ... technical advice for regs ... payment disputes etc etc.

I was a member of the ECA for 11 years ... but just couldnt justify what I was getting for what I was paying ... it seemed they were more geared for larger electrical companies ... so I have been winging it on my own for the past 19 years.

Are you getting by on your own and making it happen or do you belong to the ECA or ECB and why?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Here is where the problem starts ... if the customer is not even equipped with the correct questions ... to clear this up do you have to belong to the ECA to be a certified ... registered elctrical contractor?

I havent been a member of the ECA for 19 years ... doesnt that mean I am not a registered electrical contractor?

The question customers should be asking ... who is responsible for the electrical industry and who do I contact to verify registration etc.

Who checks up on electrical contractors registered with the ECA ... the DOL or does the ECA send out a person who is paid to protect the interest of ECA members ?

Here are some questions you can ask electrical contractors to level the playing field:

Are you a member of the ECA(SA)?
    Do you have any experience related to the work that I require to be performed?
    Are you up to date with the latest legislative requirements?
    Do you have any references that I can contact to verify your experience?
    What guarantees do you provide related to the work that will be performed?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Greetings Ian

Give that man a Bells!

I joined the ECB for the first time a few months ago for the sole purpose of them registering me with the department of labor every year so I don’t have to.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.