Thread: Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I watch a lot of talks, tutorials and documentaries on YouTube. There are two things that drive me totally insane:

1. Music - I can't stand watching a documentary or tutorial with background music - Imagine going to varsity and each and every lecturer plays their chosen silly background music all the time - I would go insane the 1st day.
    2. The overuse of the words "however" and "moreover" - one would think that people would be able to broaden their vocabulary to include additional filler words.

YouTube allows shadow-banning so any old rubbish looks good from the outside because negative comments are shadow-banned.

I know that this thread is not about YouTube but the same applies to publishing - negative comments are shadow-banned so not only is poor writing commended inappropriately but also poor thinking!

A case in point is Reddit - Shadow-banning and voting might be considered to be "rule by democracy" but the fact that the loudest mouths band together and drown out views that they don't like doesn't make their views correct.

We live in a world of mediocrity and participation medals. No more editors, just fools publishing whatever rubbish comes to mind.

Anyway, my mind wonders into tangents....

2. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (13-Jan-21), Citizen X (13-Jan-21)