Thread: Twin+E stripper

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Twin+E stripper

How cool is this device ... I plan to start moving away from the good ol PVC conduit and wiring in the new year ... even the quick connectors are no longer designed for stranded wires ... so hopefully we gonna start making a much bigger profit margin when we slap the wires in the plaster and throw the wires across the roof like an alamr technician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGQz..._channel=efixx
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    You can buy one here ...

@R1175.70 some might say way to expensive ... I believe if it saves time ... it pays for itself.

There is some really crap twin+E ... which as indicated in the video above doing the rounds.

http://www.em.co.za/Home/Wire-Cable-...ers/20030.html

Something I have started doing ... monitoring the products supplied by the wholesaler ... the other day I was installing surfix ... man did I swear the wholesaler ... it wasted more time trying to strip the crap they supplied than it did to install and connect.

It may not seem like a big deal ... but start adding up time wasted for teams ... especially if your team work efficiently ... the R10 saving is just no worth it.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think many times, we must blame ourselves for the availability of crappy material.
    We feed the crappy material suppliers because we support them by buying the crap.
    If you stop buying the crap, and immediately complain to the supplier that he better not buy any more crap or he will go out of business because he won't have any clients, then the supplier will act as the product QA, as he will know that his clients won't by the crap he tries to peddle.
    We have to start growing a conscious and start by buying better quality.

I also do my nut when some of these electronic controllers use the cheapest connectors one can buy, simply to save a few Rands, and have no design into the position of the terminals, to make the installers life and after sales support easier and as the installer you struggle for half an hour to wire a couple of wires into place.

In all my products, where possible, I use removable plug terminals, so that the installer can quickly wire up the pluggable female part in an easier physical position, and for after sales service, simply unplugs, replaces the electronics, and plugs back in again, under the confidence that there is no error in the wire connections, which can occur with multiple wires and in difficult to reach spaces.
    I also use screw terminals, when the high current is required where the square washer that squeezes the screw head to the terminal, is mechanically connected to the screw head, so that when you unscrew, the washer moves up and creates a decent space to push your wire in.

We must start demanding better quality from our suppliers, and show that we are serious by actualy supporting the better quality products even at a higher price.

We must start working out in our minds, that the way to make the money is to do the job in less time that we have quoted for, not by charging higher rates per hour, pricing ourselves out of work, but by charging the rate the others do by doing the job in half the time, ant then using the other half of the allocated time saved to service another client, effectively doubling up your hourly rate but keeping everyone happy.

Just as @ians says, add up the wasted time, and you will be shocked to realise the reason you are not making money.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za