Thread: Landys and Gyr metering

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Landys and Gyr metering

If anyone knows a legit contact for landys and Gyr in Durban please forward details.

I have a landys and Gyr meter installed in a factory connected to an 800 amp supply.

I would like to set it up to monitor the power consumption ... connect it to our server and monitor the useage and trends inhouse. I am not looking for a company to ownload the data and send it back to us at a fee.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Some of the Landys+Gyr meters have optical ports that support DLMS, or some IEC standard or some even support MODBUS (although the model that I was supposed to meter claimed MODBUS, after talking to support they said it didn't).
    Even after that, they are typically password protected with the installer's password, so getting data is impossible (unless it still has the default).

Which model do you have and does it have the optical output? Do you have the optical reading device?

(I have a few Landys+Gyr samples in the office here and might be able to help.)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Trying to find someone from landis and gyr to asssit without charging and arm and a leg is the biggest challenge to date.

Landis and gyr gave me a number for a landis and gyr agent in our part of the world ... was told I had to pay the person R2-3000 upfront before they visit the site ... really ... I can buy a new 3 phase meter cheaper than that.

I have an E650 ZMMD405 CT44 2407 S3 on site.

The property mangement company bills the customer every month ... all I want to do is comapre the readings on the meter to the bill sent by the property management company ... load profile checks and monitor events.

It has an optical output.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Tried calling landis and gyr in JHB

South Africa
    Landis+Gyr
    Physical Address: 2 Slate Avenue, N1 Business Park, Old Johannesburg Road, Kosmosdal, Ext 7 CENTURION

Postal Address: PO Box 4052 THE REEDS 0158
    Phone: +27 12 645 3100
    Fax: +27 12 645 3101

What a joke ... sorry there are no agents available ... we will transfer you to the next available agent ... sorry there are no agents available .. we will transfer you to the reception ... sorry there is no reception available

This explains why this product use to be the most common meter ...but not anymore.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Dealing with landis and gyr is like trying to suck water out of a stone.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I figued out the problem ... The days of picking up a phone and contacting a company to sort out a problem are long gone ... Its time to adapt or die a slow frustrating death.

So how do you query information about a product :

You find their website you either "chat on line" using the live chat facilty or you send a query via contact us.

If you dont get a response ... you then go to one of their social media pages ... and comment in one of their posts ... your comment is either deleted because it makes the company look bad or you get a really fast response from the company ... either with the generic response or a private message from a consultant/agent whatever they are called.

So from today ...I am have a notice above my screen "dont phone companies for help ... its not 1990 anymore "

So today we register and log in landis and gyr and follow proceedure ... lets see how that goes.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The good news ... I have managed to source and down load the map software 110 and 120 ... all the manuals for the E650 and GSMGPRS unit ... found a bluetooth PRM_1

Next step ... to take the electricity account ... determine the type of tarrif.

Find out more about a license for the software.

See if I can access the meter ... considering it is an existing meter and might have a password ... if it does ... find out if you can default the unit to facotry setting and start again.

Last weekend ... I spent the weekend learning about PID and Temperature controllers ... monday morning contacted the suppliers of the various brands on site ... by lunch time all the units were checked and adjusted to the correct settings ... the best part about it ... the suppliers were easy to contact (using the good old telephone) and offered free advice on parameters setting etc... an important factor to consider when purchasing equipment in this day and age.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    an important factor to consider when purchasing equipment in this day and age.
    Majority of customers never consider this, but make their decision based on price.
    I lose a number of sales because of price, but what the customer forgets is the advice gained and after sales service when they have an issue.

Maybe I should reduce my price, then charge them for every phone call there after. That could work - mmmm then they would complain on social media about crappy service.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    This is a little embarrassing ... this meter was installed in December 2017 and I still havent found someone to assist to connect ... a pile of emails going back and forth to landys and gyr but still no joy getting the meter connected to the map 120 - 7.1 software