OK, so I have been thinking about the reaction from government and Eskom about the current situation. Both parties avoid taking serious responsibility for the current state of affairs. Both simply state that we are in this position and need to look forward to fix it.

My take is the following. The same government is in power and the then minister responsible is now our dep. president. Why has there been no action taken by Thabo Mbeki until now? How on earth can people that has been so idiotic still be involved in carrying the responsibility their positions do carry?

The same goes for Eskom. They told government about the state of affairs for the past 10 years, but did nothing more to inform us (Thabo's bosses) about the gross negligence on their part. Instead they told us all a bunch of lies last year, whilst sitting back and watching the clock tick on the bomb. How on earth can we trust any of these individuals, if they are clearly incompetent? Seriously, how on earth can incompetent people be expected to fix this then?

I want to see heads roll, and be assured that they will be replaced by people that are competent. How do you feel about this, given, I am angry that this is costing me a fortune, but doesn't it make sense given the seriousness of the situation?