Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heads must roll

Thanks
    I must say, I would prefer not to have a quite overthrow happen in the background while the lights are off. Firing up people over a current issue means they might not be thinking clearly about the implications of their actions.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Okay, I know this is uncalled for on such a serious thread, but every time I see "heads must roll!" I am thinking....they can't , I believe it is because of the ears! *scuttles away, hanging head in shame for having such a silly light hearted thought at such a seriously dark time...*
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    <- head rolling

I thought it had more to do with the brains unbalancing the head....although in this case I don't think we need to worry. We already know that they don't have ears or brains
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We can lose all sorts of things, but as long as we don't lose our sense of humour, it's all tolerable.

Nice one, Debbie.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There isn't much sign of heads rolling any time soon going by the special sitting of parliament on the electricity crisis today.

South Africans can save electricity by going to sleep earlier and boiling less water, Minerals and Energy Minister Buyelwa Sonjica told Parliament on Wednesday.

“Go to sleep earlier so that you can grow and be cleverer. Boil less water; use the microwave rather than the stove; take a shower and not a shallow bath,” she told a special sitting of Parliament to discuss the power crisis.

She was unveiling a 10-point plan to encourage South Africans to change their electricity-usage habits. Amid much heckling and jeering from some MPs, she criticised calls from “some quarters” to identify culprits and castigate them. “Crucify, crucify, crucify,” she said.
    full report from M&G here

Thanks
    The thing is they all feel we must move on and rather look at solutions than trying to find someone to blame.

Well, I would feel the same if I realized just how pathetic my party has run the country until now and I will also want to forget and hope the country forget if I knew I proved just how incompetent I am.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    And don't forget there have been no dams built lately, are we waiting for a year of low rainfall to find out that there was no forward planning as well?

Thanks
    You are mentioning a very important point there wynn! Without a doubt we now realise that the incompetence of our great government is even worse than any of us ever expected. I think we need to start digging into other critical matters as well before we have problems that are as serious or maybe more serious.

I am also concerned about the agriculture in this country. Maybe a good start is to look at where BEE was firmly applied to see how those industries are really doing. I remember having a discussion with a friend the other day about the state of our public roads. He does more travelling than me and it was clear that he was very unhappy with the state of our roads in terms of maintenance and capacity. A trip from 16:00 to 18:00 in the Sandton area, N1 and M1 also highlight that we will soon be grid locked. I suspect that then we will be called names because we are driving in a car alone on the N1,... Mmmmmmmmm sorry, they did that already!
    Last edited by Chatmaster; 31-Jan-08 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
    A trip from 16:00 to 18:00 in the Sandton area, N1 and M1 also highlight that we will soon be grid locked.
    Now that, to me, is a valid time to use the excuse "Victim of our own success."

And they are doing some work towards easing the problem. I'm thinking particularly the Gautrain project, but hasn't there been some road widening as well?

Thanks
    I think it is a bit of a complicated thing to just widen the roads. The M1 is pretty much on its max. But one thing that can solve the problem is proper public transport. But they have been talking about that for years and the only thing I ever saw happening was the Gautrain project. However, that will not solve the problem Johannesburg. There is real traffic issues building from both the East and the West Rand and the Gautrain will not solve the issues there. Ontdekkers, Hendrik Potgieter and Main Reef road are almost at their max at peak hour, imo anyway. There is a crisis looming there...
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast