I like this idea ... fitting a double pole isolator away from the stove/cooker ... with a connection point on the wall behind the stove ... creating a safe place to disconnect stove and flush against the wall ... everyone is happy.

In some parts of SA a stove connector is required ... which is an ugly piece of equipment and if mounted behind the stove will make it stand proud of the counter ... but in this part of SA we still send smoke signals and paint on rocks ... we still have an isolator with a wire which hangs out the wall ... either a piece of twin+E or house wire with a piece of sprag ... which is suppose to be removed and made safe by a qualified electrician when the stove is removed ... however the reality is the majority of people just get someone willing to to disconnect the stove to remove the wires from the stove and leave the wires on the floor exposed ...hoping nobody switches on the isolator ... just imagine moving into your new house and your 2 year old finds the live cable ... yes it has happened.

This is an interesting video ... I am sure ther ewill be a few conmments about the cable knife ( I still strip the caqble like this ) the use of a terminal screwdriver instead of a PZ 2 ( most people dont even now the difference between a PZ and PH) ... most of us a re guilty of doing it like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmEn...=GSHElectrical