Thread: New bussiness venture

Diamond Member
    Thanks

New bussiness venture

It is time to start looking into the new business venture ... I hope to start in March 2021 ... best I be doing a bit of planning.

This time around I need to learn how to play the game ... do whatever it takes to make it work.

Not try do everything myself ... this time employ a person to sit in the office take calls and sort out the paper work ... correct my spelling and grammar.

Employ people to do the work and rather focus on "running" the business

Move the bussiness away from home.

Get capital to run the bussiness rather than fund it myself.

Maybe even create a bussiness plan this time ... and see if it actually works ... I need to figue out how this bussiness lasted 30 years ... considering less than 2 % last longer than 10 years ... I must be doing something right.

Most important ... figue out a payment method for customer to pay before the technician leaves site ... especially when jobbing.

A this point I am feeling more like I did at the end of miltary service ... "min dae" ... just counting the days to reach the 30 year mark ... this will be the last of all the goals I have set ... time to start a with new goals ... the new goals will have to have shorter periods ... in 30 years I will be 85 ... hopefully still as strong as an ox

Maybe this time I should look into doing something completely different ... I have 4 months to decide.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You must be doing something right! Yes, that all boils down to service and having the right attitude. Now that you have the experience, it may be time to work on the business and not in the business. (Maybe attend a free seminar by Action Coach just to get some ideas).

The business plan is not for a bank or investor, but for getting your ducks in a row. I can send you templates, but rather just write down what works and what not and how you want to run your new business. Write down all your ideas. Then revisit the plan and fill in the gaps by looking at the practicality, operations and finances. Bounce it off a trusted friend/relative or expert and get some feedback.

Remember, a business plan evolves and should be adapted. It is not something that you bind in a fancy folder and put in the bottom drawer.
    Good luck and all the best!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...