Thread: Does anyone use Comodo products - anti-virus, firewall, etc

Thanks

Does anyone use Comodo products - anti-virus, firewall, etc

I'm interested in finding out if anyone on the forum uses Comodo products. (I know a lot of people use AVG) Comodo provide a range of free products like firewalls, antiVirus, Anti Malware, and Website Authentication. I recently installed their full range only to find that it shut-down my browser (Firefox) and emailer(Thunderbird). (I think the problem lies in my inability to configure the products correctly.) I unistalled everything and now only use their Anti Malware with AVG's Anti-spyware and it's all back to normal.

Has anyone else had the same problem when loading their products using Mozilla products?
    Vincent Marino
    Maximising the sales value of your business!

Business 24-Seven |MyBlog Twitter |facebook |Phat feesh & chips

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Vincent - on one of the webmaster forums I frequent there is a long thread on who is using what in terms of internet security products.

Comodo was not mentioned once! Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing I couldn't say, but it sure shows a pretty thin track record amongst a bunch of folks who basically live on the web.

How'd you come by Comodo anyway?

Thanks
    How'd you come by Comodo anyway?
    Can't remember, I first came arcoss them about two - three years ago. I was probably searching for some anti virus/malware program.

According to their website they provides Identity and Trust Assurance encryption, verification and authentication services and claim to be "the 2nd largest Certification Authority for ensuring Identity Trust & Assurance on the web."

I don't have a problem with their product, just the configuration. The firewall for instant you have to teach what to let through and block. Here I'm talking about accessing the net, when you dial up. It gets confusing and a bit daunting at time. Just about anything with an exe file it asks what you want to do - block or unblock.

Ok came across a Mozilla site explaining how to set up the firewall. Have downloaded the instruction and will try it later.
    Vincent Marino
    Maximising the sales value of your business!

Business 24-Seven |MyBlog Twitter |facebook |Phat feesh & chips

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. Sounds like their core business is digital certification then.

Having to train a firewall a bit is not such a bad thing, although I hear you about the daunting. I think that's better than the rather severe case of constipation Nortons hands out nowadays.

At least you know it is unlikely malicious coders are specifically trying to target possible flaws in your particular protection. (That's a plus in my book).

Thanks
    Well, I have never heard of them. I am still hooked on AVG and Zone Alarm.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Email problem
    Thanks
    Ive never heard of that product but I can recommend another, we use ESET NOD32, very powerful and useful with lots of control. The stealth mode really works well and doesnt eat your computers power. Try it out, they have a 30 day demo on their website.

Thanks
    I've used Comodo fire wall for a short while a couple of years ago and it was very effective once you've shown it the ropes on what you want to allow and what you don't.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.