Hi guys

So a few months back my daughters school was trying to contact me and eventually emailed me asking for a correct mobile number, which they had and dialed. (It seems Makro also cannot get through to me, same error message). These are 2 that I am aware of, there could be many more.

I have a Vodacom number, have been with them for at least 6 years now, prior to that CellC and MTN before that.

My number is a business number which I rely on for clients to call me, how unprofessional do I seem when they cannot get hold of me.

I have logged several calls to Vodacom and each time saying they have resolved the issues but off course nothing has changed. Even swapped sim cards and tried my sim in another device.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before and if so how was it resolved.

The school IT Manager contacted me to say that there was another parent with the same issue. This parent has been with Vodacom forever and has never ported so its unlikely to be a porting issue.

I have been asking the call centre to give me the number or transfer me to the Manager and they just ignore my request. I am threatening to go to the ombudsman, not sure if that will force them to take me seriously.

Last email from Vodacom is that they have referred the matter to MTN for resolution. I dont think this is an MTN issue or is it?

Appreciate any advice on a way forward.