Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MCE product review

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    After all that ( I still didnt get my refund) ... so I decided to request all the products which I sent back for a refund and built another another panel using the "working parts" ... someone needed a panel built as cheap as possible with no concern about quality ... MCE suited the description.

It is a vehicle hoist ... so not critical for the operation of a plant as in the original application ... and only activated for a short period of time ... so there shouldnt be any concerns with regard to overheating ... if it does break ... I have left a box of spares

So what did we learn from this ... make sure you select the right equipment for the right application.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Sparkies using "affordable" brands with minimal reputation .... Stick to industry leaders where you have high demand costly equipment. Dont blame the brand blame yourself for choosing not so wisely. In this industry you also have to have decent spares as it is always a matter of downtime. That is what makes you proficient at your game! If i ever have to use certain affordable brands it will be higher rated and a temporary solution. We need to sleep peacefully at night,assumptions are the mother of all screw ups. Deal with everything in the worst case scenario and nothing will come back to bite you! You also dont want too many mixed brands in your panels that also reflects on you. Also using power monitors/comparitors will save you from loss of phases,surges,drops in voltage causing havoc etc

Thanks
    Might not be running for long duration but may have consistent switching that also produces considerable spikes in current

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    For the record ... I designed and built control panels for many years ... back then I only use Klochner Moeller ... finder ... omron etc. ... The installations were out in the sticks ... replacing components wasnt an option ... we designed and built to last ... this project was down the road ... I didnt the product would fail so often ... you live and learn.

The panel was rebuilt using Siemens products.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I see it has already been 9 months and the plant runs 24/7.

I suppose using MCE for a hoist for example is a better option ... considering it goes up and stops and goes down and stops ... with such little use ... it should last 2 years

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123