Thread: pastel error message

Thanks

pastel error message

I really need help, I cannot update my one customer statement as I had a problem with Pastel in September - something happened and the Invoice numbering system reset and started from 0 but 0 did not produce a number. When I try to allocate the payment that particular invoice shows a discount on the allocation page on Pastel but in fact there was never a discount applied - so computer glitch, so when I try to update it will not allow the full amount and I allocate that Invoice it gives me the error message "Allocation plus discount exceeds amount due" and it will not allow me to update. But if I unallocate that particular invoice that has no number, it allows me to update and I leave the balance unallocated. Then when I am on the main screen and I push "update", it has finally updated after many unsuccessful attempts but there appears an error on the accounting on the Statement. A partial amount has gone to 120 days credit and 30 days shows the Invoice with no number full amount outstanding. I cannot send the statement that way as it is incorrect. I have absolutely no idea on how to fix it - I thought about doing a credit on that Invoice but because it has no number I cannot put a number into the column where it requests Invoice number.
    If anyone can assist, I would appreciate it as I last saved all the work in April and that would take a long time to resolve everything.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    The Allocat5ion plus discount error is normally amounts rounding past the decimal during the matching process. If you go into Process - Match Open Items and select the customer, is the payment amount reflecting under the unallocated column? If so, click the plus on unallocated, select the amount (your cursor becomes 2 arrows pointing left and right) and the go and click on the invoice you want to match the item to. This should resolve your issue.
    If the amount is not under the unallocated section, run an age analysis for that customer, and tick the print transactions checkbox. If the very last line of the report has and "Open Item" transaction, you have a data corruption, which will need to be fixed by a consultant.

I am able to assist with the data fix if you don't come right.
    Kevin Smith
    Sage Pastel Support Consultant
    KS Consulting
    www.ksconsulting.co.za