Thread: lighting boxes for a slab and smart lighting

Diamond Member
    Thanks

lighting boxes for a slab and smart lighting

Any suggestion and advise with regards to lighting boxes in a concrete slab ... I havent done a piping and light box installation since 2010 ... in the past I have just used the steel downlighter box ... I see there are a few other option available.

I am busy with a project which is going to include a fair amount of lighting boxes ... downlights ... uplights in the garden ... stip lights under counters and in water features ... flood lights around the building RGB controllers ... dimmers ... it is gonna be an interesting project.

The challenge already is trying to find a company which can supply the full range of components for smart lighting ... any suggestions?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I thought it would be a good idea to use 1 brand for all the strip lights down lights ... dimmers ... RGB controllers etc ... phone around yesterday ... not so lucky ... one of the lighting suppliers suggested Aurora lighting ? Anyone have any experience with this product?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Hi Ians

We have used there fittings here and there but not extensively and not to the level that you are looking at - Never had a problem , but the orders were extremely small.

There is also Province lighting that manufacture LED strip lights etc and have a smart lighting system .
    Have found there back up and knowledge has been good.
    Went through there LED manufacturing section in Cape Town and was impressed.
    As far as I know they have opened a branch in Durban.

4. Thanks given for this post:

ians (21-Oct-20)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    Hi Ians

We have used there fittings here and there but not extensively and not to the level that you are looking at - Never had a problem , but the orders were extremely small.

There is also Province lighting that manufacture LED strip lights etc and have a smart lighting system .
    Have found there back up and knowledge has been good.
    Went through there LED manufacturing section in Cape Town and was impressed.
    As far as I know they have opened a branch in Durban.
    Yip they do have a branch in Durban ... had a chat with the guys this afternoon ... thanks.

Thanks
    Aurora is really good stuff, I get all mine from Liquid lighting in Midrand, when i have had failures or issues they have been swapped out no problems.in terms of a home automation solution have a look at the switchbee product range i have had great results with that product.

if you want more info or numbers shout.

Thanks
    We also use quite a bit of lights from Aurora haven't had any issues with their products.