Thread: Electrical COC Info Session - via Zoom For Estate Agents, Conveyancers, Stakeholders and the Public

Thanks

Lightbulb Electrical COC Info Session - via Zoom For Estate Agents, Conveyancers, Stakeholders and the Public

ECA (SA) members have been asked to invite estate agents and conveyancing attorneys in their areas to attend a Zoom meeting so that they can be brought up to speed on the legal requirements pertaining to Electrical Certificates of Compliance.

The informative CoC session will be taking place on Monday 19th of October 2020 from 10 am to 12 pm via Zoom.

“We receive many queries about CoCs and the aim of this information session is to inform the public and those involved in the sale and transfer of properties about the Certificate of Compliance and answer all frequently asked questions."

The KZN Region, and the Highveld Technical Advisor, Anthony Schewitz, will present this free CoC information session for local estate agents, conveyancers and transfer attorneys and other stakeholders and the public.

To register for this FREE session, please click on link below:
    Electrical CoC Informative Session

please pass this on and If you require any further information feel free to contact me directly - Candy Bouwer
    "Networking" is my "CONTACT" Sport!"
    Alcocks Electrical Entomological Hygiene

2. Thanks given for this post:

ians (16-Oct-20)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Soemthing I beleive should have been done a long time ago ... and should be done a lot more frequently.

I hope Registered and unregistered is clearly defined ... You dont have to be an ECA member nor ECB member to be a registered electrical contractor

My company for example is no longer registered with any association or board ... however the company is registered as an "electrical contractor" with the DOL (The department of labour).

What you need to look out for is a registration number ... for example in KZN ... a registered electrical contracting company would have a registration number like "KZN 2020" with a date of registration for example I have a 3 year registration ... 1/12/2018 - 1/12/2021.

I hope the technical advisor is going to point out that every single person who is registered and works in the industry has some form of identification with the persons level of competancey ... from a labourer to a elconop 1 right through to MIE (master installation electrician) ... this is one of the biggest challenges we face in the industry ... having to work amongst unskilled personal ...who create a dangerous environment for everyone ... especially when working on sites which have a maintance team and more than one sub contractor.

“We encourage ECA members to invite estate agents and conveyancing attorneys in their areas to come to these meetings so that they can be brought up to speed on the legal requirements pertaining to Certificates of Compliance – specifically that only registered electrical contractors may legally issue CoCs when properties are sold.” “Using unregistered electrical contractors can be an expensive exercise – as many people have discovered.”
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.