Thread: UFiling Error

Thanks

UFiling Error

Good morning,

I apologise for the newbie question, and if I'm posting in the incorrect spot, please redirect me

I have been retrenched as at the 30th September 2020. The company has issued me with my certificate of service, detailing all UIF deductions in my time with them (16 years, 5 months).

I registered on Ufiling, which went off without a hitch, including uploading and confirming my banking details. When I want to start the unemployment benefit claims process, I immediately get a popup which says " your employment history does not exist. Please contact your employer to submit your employment history or lodge a dispute via the ufiling dispute functionality".

The company applied for and got TERS benefits for me in April and June of this year, after which they said that it was too much hassle, and paid my salary as per normal.

I cannot find the ufiling dispute functionality on the site, but have mailed "ufilingsupport@uif.gov.za", no response as yet.

Can anyone perhaps give advice or assist as to where to from here ?

Many thanks in advance, Theresa

Thanks
    Hi Theresa. When uFiling updated its website all the previous information just "disappeared". Don't know whether it was lost or whether the web designers were not able to bring the data forward into the new site. As a result many employers had to spend hours and hours of their time re-entering all the past data. What made it worse is that until the past data was completed satisfactorily no new submissions could be made.

This may explain why you get the popup saying that there is no employment history.

Recently, when the contract ended for one of our employees, they applied for UIF and (in spite of her employment history being up-to-date on the new site) was given a form for the employer to complete in which everything that was already on the website had to be filled into the form. Go figure!

Letters written to the UIF do get a response ... but usually some months later ... and not always answering the question. Telephones are often unanswered.

The contact details on the Detp of Labour website for the Unemployment Fund is:

Unemployment Insurance Fund
    230 Lillian Ngoyi Street, Absa Towers, Pretoria Central
    0800 843 843 / 012 337 1700
    uifcomplaints@labour.gov.za

It would be interesting to hear how this develops and whether you manage to get it sorted. Please keep the forum informed.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Hi Theresa. When uFiling updated its website all the previous information just "disappeared". Don't know whether it was lost or whether the web designers were not able to bring the data forward into the new site. As a result many employers had to spend hours and hours of their time re-entering all the past data. What made it worse is that until the past data was completed satisfactorily no new submissions could be made.

This may explain why you get the popup saying that there is no employment history.

Recently, when the contract ended for one of our employees, they applied for UIF and (in spite of her employment history being up-to-date on the new site) was given a form for the employer to complete in which everything that was already on the website had to be filled into the form. Go figure!

Letters written to the UIF do get a response ... but usually some months later ... and not always answering the question. Telephones are often unanswered.

The contact details on the Detp of Labour website for the Unemployment Fund is:

Unemployment Insurance Fund
    230 Lillian Ngoyi Street, Absa Towers, Pretoria Central
    0800 843 843 / 012 337 1700
    uifcomplaints@labour.gov.za

It would be interesting to hear how this develops and whether you manage to get it sorted. Please keep the forum informed.
    Good morning Mike,

Thank you so much for the response.

As you have said, these contact numbers as well as the support numbers on the UFiling website don't even ring, never mind remain unanswered. I was told yesterday that I would have to go join the queue at Labour, to have them manually unblock my UIF history. Apparantly when your employer registers you for TERS it 'blocks' your UIF history. And also that this process can take 2 - 3 weeks.

I have, in the meantime, mailed the address you have given, as well as the Ufiling support email address, fingers crossed. I will let you guys know if I get any joy..

Have a great Friday..