My thoughts .. please feel free to add your thoughts or regulations ... this is a discussion ... and feel free to add the correct terms which should be used.

Fit a "junction box" next to the fitting and connect the wires using a a connector.

The "connection" should be done in a manner that is quick and simple to disconnect and reconnect ... ie wago 221 or connectors block of sorts.

however to "extend" the wire to reach the "junction" box were the light fitting connection will be done ... not the same thing as the connection point ... I dont see why ferulles and sleeving cant be used.

What about using a plug connector ... something like a kettle plug or the like (just smaller) ... the smart peoples brains are racing to come up with a cost effective means to overcome this issue paying R65 for a light and R65 for a connector just doesnt make economical sense ... R65 for the light and R6 for the connectors makes a lot more sense.

Apparently the guys at Pioled do read these threads ... so my advice ... get smart and find a solution to the problem you guys have created ... or manufacture your fittings with a proper termination point.

I dont know if people from Radiant read these threads but they are the reason I have a problem ... with their ridiculous 100 mm tail provided on the flood lights.