Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dishonnest COC

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Anyway you look at this ... you gonna be the sucker who pays ... which is why i keep warning peope about trusting the seller to supply the COC's ... they are not worth the paper they are written on ... half the inspectors are not even suitably qualified to carry out inspections ... then they change the rules and the SANS book all the time just to add confusion

My advice ... contact the inspector on the COC ... ask him if he would kindly return and fix his illegal COC ... if he shows you the middle finger ... dont even waste your time with the ECA and the DOL and rest of that crap ... the ECA is the electrical contractors ass. ... setup to protect the contractor.

Pay for a legit "inspection report" (this could be an even bigger challenge trying to find one) to be done ... get the report with as many pics as possible ... make sure the inspection report has each regulations which does not comply listed ... then take it to social media.

99% of cases we investigate ... the customer ends up paying for the entire repair and re inspection ... to this day ... I have never heard of a customer winning a case ... the industry has been setup to protect the electrical conctractor ... it is your responsibilty to find a suitably qualified electrician/inspector to carry out your electrical work ... as stupid as that sounds.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

2. Thanks given for this post:

AliceD (29-Sep-20)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    On Page 1 the section for Electrical contractor is not completed - He would be allowed to leave it out if it was for himself but under the OHSA he may not do work for others unless he is a registered electrical contractor [/I]
    Hi GCE,

He did fill in his registration number, his adress and phone number, I erased when I published the PDF on the forum to protect his privacy.
    We did trace the COC origin from a large cleaning company based in PE.
    We are having trouble finding out if the electrician that signed the document was properly registered as the DOL does not have a database...

We are sort of stuck, any suggestion is welcome !

Thank you !

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJohann View Post

One fault I can see is that who ever did it ticked the wrong box here. Should be the one below that as its an existing installation.
    Thank you! I had missed that one!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Anyway you look at this ... you gonna be the sucker who pays ... which is why i keep warning peope about trusting the seller to supply the COC's ... they are not worth the paper they are written on ... half the inspectors are not even suitably qualified to carry out inspections ... then they change the rules and the SANS book all the time just to add confusion

My advice ... contact the inspector on the COC ... ask him if he would kindly return and fix his illegal COC ... if he shows you the middle finger ... dont even waste your time with the ECA and the DOL and rest of that crap ... the ECA is the electrical contractors ass. ... setup to protect the contractor.

Pay for a legit "inspection report" (this could be an even bigger challenge trying to find one) to be done ... get the report with as many pics as possible ... make sure the inspection report has each regulations which does not comply listed ... then take it to social media.

99% of cases we investigate ... the customer ends up paying for the entire repair and re inspection ... to this day ... I have never heard of a customer winning a case ... the industry has been setup to protect the electrical conctractor ... it is your responsibilty to find a suitably qualified electrician/inspector to carry out your electrical work ... as stupid as that sounds.

The Electrician that issued the COC for the house I bought 2 years ago came back and fix all the issues that didn't comply. It took his team of 5 guys almost 3 days, and he was R20k out of pocket ( previous owner said sorry boet you signed you pay).
    Same with the guy who issued the the Gas certificate, he also came back and rectified at his cost. But he did plead poverty the entire time I inspected his work.

The only one I didn't manage was the Electric fence, but that was due to an oversight from the transfer atorney, if I pushed the issue I probably could have had them foot the bill but I took that one on the chin.

6. Thanks given for this post:

AliceD (29-Sep-20)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    The Electrician that issued the COC for the house I bought 2 years ago came back and fix all the issues that didn't comply. It took his team of 5 guys almost 3 days, and he was R20k out of pocket ( previous owner said sorry boet you signed you pay).
    Same with the guy who issued the the Gas certificate, he also came back and rectified at his cost. But he did plead poverty the entire time I inspected his work.

The only one I didn't manage was the Electric fence, but that was due to an oversight from the transfer attorney, if I pushed the issue I probably could have had them foot the bill but I took that one on the chin.
    May I ask how you incentivised them?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceD View Post
    Hi GCE,

He did fill in his registration number, his adress and phone number, I erased when I published the PDF on the forum to protect his privacy.
    GCE is referring to the Electrical Contractor registration details section which has been struck through with N/A.

GCE is correct. This section must be completed (unless issued by the owner who happens to be a registered Responsible Person) as the Electrical Contractor registration is a different registration to the Responsible Person registration (albeit both registrations being with DoL which I suppose may be confusing to the general public).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12