Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much should I pay my social media freelancer?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    How the hell do you pay somebody to run your social media if they don't know $h1T about your business. I wouldn't let a remote control social media "influencer-$h!ttalker" near my business with a barge pole. Talk about Fake!
    I see vieome also picked it up

Just imagine if you fault on 1 payment ...you would be pretty scr$wed.

However ... maybe not a "remote freelancer" ...but I am certainly going to be looking into getting someone to make my social media presence ... more professional.

Facebook for example ... I dumped the majority of "friends" accumulated over the years ... kept family and a few people I keep in contact with on a regular basis.

Started a new profile and use it for what most people are using it for "advertising" no person info ...pics etc. ...just good old product promotion ... the friends list has grown huge in a short period of time ... and boy the people want to be friends so they can dump all the product ... I need to employ the services of someone to make me look good all the time ... respond to the odd post so it looks like you showing interest in others ... the likes and the 2 maybe 3 word responses.

Next is to start a group ... and make it look like real we care about the people of SA and one for animals ... before you know it there will be T-shirts and stickers for sale ... a non-profit support group bank account.

Then there is Instagram and LinkedIn ... I have profiles but never visit them anymore because it has just become another place which I assume Facebook must have bought ... looking at all the advertising... but want to become a nice guy on those platforms for the people gulible enough to bother opening them ... that one R50 k a month customer could be browsing there.

Then there is still YouTube ... man it is time consuming to manage all the socials.

A sweet young lady with only good things to say and a pure innocent mind ... who knows how to play nicely with others ... load "nice content" everyday ... punt the business in a good way ... I would be prepared to pay a fee ... but just make sure she doesn’t have total control and you can block her if things don’t work out.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I would never let anybody near my social media presence. I prefer to try and stay out of the limelight. The problem with social media marketing is that the platform is used to pirate all your products and ideas. When you have a 3rd party do this for you you are fake and you run the risk of being found out. All it takes is one crappy post and you are done for. Fake superficial marketing is the pits.

I think that we are moving back to "boots on the ground" marketing because it is hard to copy and pirate the products. None of my customers (I have a couple of really really big customers) market their products to their customers on social media - They all speak one on one (meet with buyers etc). I've had too many products and ideas ripped off on FaceLazyCopyPirateBook. I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN post any of my work on FaceLazyCopyPirateBook or any other social media platform for that matter.

This kind of marketing is great for some industries like say a wine farm getting into eventing or the general leisure industry etc. I think though that it is kinka superficial of highly technical small companies and also very risky.

So, my bottom line is this: I think that it is great that there are people out there providing remote social media marketing services to those the want it but I would not touch it with a barge pole.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    A sweet young lady with only good things to say and a pure innocent mind ...
    ...can sit on my lap all day....

...and we can forget about social media....

....yes yes...I am a dog :-)

Thanks
    Yes! but may be a bit increasing if need, But not more than $300

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    nelsonscomedy= Rocca89=Zonzhu

Suspended
    Thanks
    That depends on how well they are doing at this point in time. There is not much of a scale to talk about but then one can try to put up some numbers on how they will move to be an example to others at the very least. This is why it is important to see how the job is done from this part and we all move forward with it if you are going to ask me right now. This is the best way to win it all too. Make sure you just pay him the right price too.

Email problem
    Thanks
    True @sherinemausher and I think $100-$200 would be a fair deal. But before hiring someone, one needs to make sure to check their social media accounts to get an idea of what they have been up to. Also, asking them to provide a strategy that they would be applying to improve the customer base would work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12