I get an email informing me that Standard have loaded a payment holiday to my "credit card" ...not my home loan ...not my business account ...not my personal account.

MY response to the email - DONT NOT LOAD A PAYMENT HOLIDAY, THANK YOU.

They reply and I reply with - DONT NOT LOAD A PAYMENT HOLIDAY, THANK YOU.

And so this goes on for 6 emails.

I then get a call to tell me they are loading a payment holiday ... and my response on the telephone DO NOT LOAD A PAYMENT HOLIDAY, THANK YOU.

Taking into consideration my credit limit is R100 my credit card doesn’t require a payment as it is always in the black and not the red.

Here comes the kicker ... this morning my wife’s account is debated for R1890.00 (SBSA load account is the "forced" debit)

Firstly she doesn’t bank with Standard bank ... we are trying to establish how Standard bank home loans acquired her banking details 3 hours on the phone to Standard bank and nobody can tell us how they got her banking details ... fortunately she is with FNB ...so it was simple ...she contacted her personal banker and reversed the debit ... imagine if it was that simple with Standard bank

Standard bank cannot show me proof that I authorised a payment holiday ... no email ... apparently they have taken upon themselves to automatically load a payment holiday to every account holder ... which automatically authorises them to debit your account or if your spouse’s account ... without yours or your spouse’s permission.

I don’t know what to say ...is this even legal?