Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 pandemic - I think SA has stuffed this one up.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I came here to ask something and got stuck into reading the thread, I do online marketing and that type of stuff so I work with quite a few small to medium businesses, and the man I can confirm even if they survived they are hurt. Many at the beginning of covid came for websites ( to finally get online ) but many consumers had been laid off or were uncertain of the future and thus didn't spend. I'm sorry to hear about the death you have experienced, I have been very fortunate to not see much of that. My mother is a nurse and she got sick right at the start thankfully she was ok. The reason I came here was to see if there is any talk of a second wave.

My mother has told me the cases seem to be rising again here in East London. If we do another lockdown I think we will see a bigger number of businesses drop out because they're still trying to recover from the first one. I personally don't agree with a lockdown as harsh as ours. Other countries have done it without annihilating their business sectors. I think the government knows this but in this country's politicians, personal ambitions always come before the people.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The question is can you survive another lockdown? I doubt I could.

I managed to get through the initial lockdown ... in fact I went into it with all my bills already paid up todate and some ... but then it dragged out longer and longer ...I was fortunate enough not to have applied for any payment holidays ... however the impact of the virus has affected many of my bigger customers ... which resulted in retrenchements etc .... only now is the impact of the lockdown affecting my finances ... I am starting to feel the burn ... throw in a R50 000 utility bill ... and I would say I am pretty burnt.

There is some good news ... for example my wife is back to 100 % working hours ... no more short time the work flow is starting to increase ... but not to levels that will produce 110 % income ... so the people can catch up.

Am I lving in coco land ...thinking people need support right now more than ever ... shouldnt the government be offering relief to small bussiness ...regardless of the colour of your skin ... those who were battling during the lockdown must be on the bones of their A$$e$ right now ... some say that it is the plan to break as many people as possible in preparation of what is to come ... I dont know ... I am not part of any elite organisations ... I am just here trying to get by ... pay my bills and feed my family.

When you go onto social media and see real human nature ... people fighting over the most ridiculous shyte ... you realise how much hatred there is in this sick world we live in ... it all boils to money and power.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Then you see R10 billion being pi$$ed against the wall for SAA ... you can only shake your head.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Well said adrianh!

Thanks
    Covid-19, well it was impossible not to notice this one, as I missed and never knew about SARS. I was doing some work and they mentioned SARS and I thought what has the Receiver of Revenue got to do with this! Only to find out it was some virus.

I feel for those who have lost loved ones and friends, and for those who had to stay locked in, that live in small spaces and especially with children, it could not have been easy at all. And people who have lost their income or business.

There is so much stuff going around social media that one just doesn't know what to believe. Life is never going to be the same, and things are not going to get better. I believe this whole thing was in the making years ago, they want to control us, they grabbed the opportunity, just like they did with Black Lives Matter. What a load of crap. BLM is run by rich whites and has nothing to do with black lives, it was a great opportunity to cause chaos. And now the vaccines. I've seen many clips about people dying from them and even if results are good, I will not have it. I'm not sick. It's all in the plan, the Great Reset. It is what it is.

I have no access to tv, so don't see any news. The only news I get is the odd bit off YouTube and I get my information from an Arab who lives in Hawaii and who triple checks his information, and wow it's quite a shock to see, as far back as 2012, this has been in the making. And Fox news amongst other big news channels are telling a lot of lies.

And lastly, while I sincerely sympathise with those who are ill and have lost loved ones, I really don't care about Covid or all the crap going on in the world, that is now a very evil place.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    ... but then it dragged out longer and longer ...I was fortunate enough not to have applied for any payment holidays ... however the impact of the virus has affected many of my bigger customers ... which resulted in retrenchements etc .... be offering relief to small bussiness ...regardless of the colour of your skin ... those who were battling during the lockdown must be on the bones of their A$$e$ right now ... some say that it is the plan to break as many people as possible in preparation of what is to come ... I dont know ... I am not part of any elite organisations ... I am just here trying to get by ... pay my bills and feed my family
    I wish everyone had the same mentality as you.

I can't tell you how many people have just flat out ignored me about working together and it really just gives the impression that business is booming and money is flowing everywhere!

I started up an online store a few years ago and every single mail with a new product was followed up on

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Rain View Post
    And lastly, while I sincerely sympathise with those who are ill and have lost loved ones, I really don't care about Covid or all the crap going on in the world, that is now a very evil place.
    Property sellers say "Location Location Location"

Mental health practitioners say "Perception Perception Perception"

You cannot change the way the world looks but you can change the way you see it!

Thanks
    I'm sad for all those who have lost loved ones and businesses and those really struggling without their jobs now. And especially those living in flats or with neighbours on either side. I consider myself so blessed to not live in close quarters to anyone but rather with bush, wildlife and trees surrounding me. Albeit my housemate is in the pub every day when it's open, so I keep away as much as I possibly can. When I go to the shops I wear my mask as much as I hate it as my brain seems to stop working, so much so that a few weeks ago, I drove home after curfew, well I didn't know there was a curfew, what a pleasure, not a single car or police van on the road, thank God! But ja, I don't watch TV and don't read any clips on YouTube wrt virus because there's so much crap out there I don't know what to believe. I will not have any jab as I only take natural medicine and why would I have some jab when there's nothing wrong with me. Personally, I think globally, it's just a good way to get rid of a lot of people, for those OTHER people to have their one world control bla bla!

And Phoebe, now 9 years old after planes, cars and all kinds of animals, she is also affected by all the lock-downs and stuff. I rushed her off to the vet only to have him say, I can't find anything wrong with her! Like I can afford a visit to the vet for nothing! She'll not catch me out like that again! So it's still body parts in the bath and body parts in the garden.

So yes, I am truly grateful I don't live in suburbia and my thoughts and prayers go out to all those who do live in confined buildings etc and to those are are not well with this flu.

Suspended
    Thanks
    @adrianh I wish it was more about perception but it is the reality and the world is facing this in such a disorganised way. If there was no covid vaccine, we would have easily blamed the government but when there is covid vaccine, we have people who are not ready to take it. If the government puts restrictions and sets guidelines, we don’t want to follow that. We can’t change the world but we can be the change that we wish to see in the world

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @bruceclk - I stand by what I say - People choose their own perceptions and their own actions. People choose not to wear masks nor take vaccines.

"We can’t change the world but we can be the change that we wish to see in the world" - Go for it - show us!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast