So i am busy installing my security lights ... i will be able to read a book sitting anywhere on my property if the security lights are on.

The system involves multi switching points ... i need to check if anyone has a better option.

If an alarm zone is violated or the panic is activated ... all the security lights switch via a PGM output on the alarm PCB.

If i arrive home and i suspect there might be someone on the property ... i can switch on the security lights either by pressing and holding anyone of the 4 remote buttons for more than 3 seconds ... which will activate the silent panic or i can press button 3 and it will switch on the security lights.

If i wake up in the night i can either press the panic button in the headboard or use the 4 button remote option or using the app on the tablets or any of the phones or the light switches in the bedroom or kitchen.

The question ... what would you use to activate the relay which switches all the lights on/off ?

I am thinking the cheapest simplest way to switch the lights on/off ... using bell press switches ... a flip/flop relay and a lighting contactor.

There are a few other options:

A sonoff switch ( cheapish)

A small PLC ... like a siemens logo (a little more expansive)

a home automation hub (a little more expensive)

One of my concerns is that the unit fails ... then i sit in the dark ... i do have general lighting around the house ... so i wont be completely in the dark.

Most of the wiring is complete ... the junction boxes are in the roof ... multi core control wires between the house and the outbuilding are installed.

I am installing an inverter ... in case of a power failure ... however i dont want to rely on wireless ... I want the hard wire option.